New goldfish tank setup *still in process*

• Supporter

it's beautiful. welcome to koko's.. so nice to see a fishless cycle from a new member :) good work!

how is your cycle going? what fish do you plan to stock your tank with once it's done cycling?

Looks amazing!

I have some fake plants in similar little jars,along with some taller ones.

I'm jealous of your bubble wall,btw. I got a bubble bar today and it's looking pretty pathetic right now...(But hey,the goldies aren't gulping anymore,so it's doing it's job,however pathetic it may look.)

wow, i didnt expect so many replies that fast, thank you!

I just started my cycle (pure ammonia) about 8 days ago, so not much going on yet xD

I plan to stock my tank with two goldies, still deciding what breed, maybe an Oranda and a Calico Ryukin, not sure.

For the bubbles bar I noticed it takes a few days before the bubble completly goes all the way through it xD

I love it! It looks amazing :) very relaxing. It looks like you have all your bases covered :D

EDIT: And hooray for fishless cycling! :clapping: It takes patience, but is well worth it in the end!

Edited by tithra

Thanks, everyone!

Hmm.. is it possible for the lighting to be TOO bright and harm the fish?? I might get some floating plants ..

Ok i'm going to get a pearlscale... my bf fell in love with it!! and for the second one i still don't know... ideas? :goldfish: :goldfish:

Ok i'm going to get a pearlscale... my bf fell in love with it!! and for the second one i still don't know... ideas? :goldfish: :goldfish:

I adore my pearlie. He's got so much spunk. Him and his buddy (no longer with us) would follow each other all over the tank all day.

Maybe a fish that won't get quite as round as a pearlie? I think that would make a nice contrast.

Well like I said, my bf is dying to get a pearscale (I got him to love fishies hehe...) and I think i have a weakness for a calico Ryukin !

Can you tell me more about what special care Pearlies need, is it harder to keep :o

Well , like I said my BF is dying to get a pearlscale (I think I got him to love goldies too hehe)... And i think i Have a weakness for a Calico Ryukin!

Can you tell me about special care Pearlies need.. I mean is it harder to keep or :o

AHHH great.. cause I heard they are more fragile / doesn't live as long as other breeds! thnks for the info :D!