Veil Probs?

kukana d

I'm changing about 40% water(my filters will die if i take out more-trying to keep those running..added 3+x prime. should i do another 40% when this is done? i'm thinking i should-UNLESS my source water is somehow the prob. Prime can't go bad can it? That's the other thing all tanks have. just got the large bottle 1 mo ago-have another large bottle waiting-should I use it?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prime shouldn't go bad. That stuff can last for years.

I'm afraid 40% is too small of a WC. If want to do 40%, you'll need to do that 3 times over. I know it's a lot, but I think it will be important. Just add 1.5x Prime during each WC. It'll add up to be 2.5x+ by the time you are done :)

I am pumping and syphoning. 1 w/c done-emptying again. Did your calc for prime take into acct. I had already dosed the 40% w/c @ 3+x prime? Do you know how much prime I would use for 2 gal.? For blue.........

Ok. So you dosed for 200g, but at 3x?

If that's the case, don't add anymore Prime until your final WC. Then, add 1.5x Prime for the entire tank. That should give you 3x prime at the end.

is 2 drops reg dose?should do 2x?

2 drops is regular dose, since it's 20 drops per 10 gallons. You can double up the dose if you like :)

That's fine. Don't dose in any more Prime with the next WC :)

What is the tank temp? I don't think it's electrical, though, because you would have some other symptoms.

Edited by dnalex

Oh Susan :( I am So Very to see this happening in your Veil Tank :( Those poor babies :( By any chance are you having any issues with your Betta's as well?? I'm just trying to figure out the common denominator in all of this?no new fish were put into your veil tank for some time now right?And I thought you were trying to eliminate your R.O. treatment thingy? and switching to all tap water?I don't know how your managing with so many fish and tanks :( My heart goes out to you :( I do hope something clicks and this all gets sorted out asap!!!

thanks shell.no new fish there. as a matter of fact.I was wondering if Alex had a word w/ the water gods about me switching to all tap b/c that IS HAPPENING now!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

emtying tank for 3 time.some are up & swimming around now.plan to do another after this. I also switched blue to tap and i think i see more movement in him.gonna have to do all tanks-they all have paartial ro-except pond.

Alex,I have changed 40% of 150ish gal. on 3rd time-and I want to do a 4th

-1st x-3x prime for 200g

-2ndx-1.5 for 150

-on 3rd now-NO PRIME,right? Do I add anymore w/ a 4th w/c?

refilling 4th x. most swim around more but also go back to the corner some! will it take a while to 'revive' them to normal after the w/cs? Once I get the sump started again i am going to check filters too.

refilling 4th x. most swim around more but also go back to the corner some! will it take a while to 'revive' them to normal after the w/cs? Once I get the sump started again i am going to check filters too.

Let's give them a few hours, and see what happens.

You've never treated them for flukes, and they've never been with any other fish, is that correct?

No,have never treated these guys-w/ anything. You know my source for these guys,right? He said he had never given them any meds-and since they were all going together into the big tank-i did not. so no-they have never been w/ any other fish.

Give them a little time to recover. We may need to do a salt dip the entire bunch, but I would like to discuss that with a couple of others before suggesting that. For now, just sit tight, unless things worsen or there are new developments.

Update in a few hours?