doesnt it figure...

so i live in upper MI where your atleast 40 minutes away from anything(including wal-mart)

i dont get to the pet stoers very often due to how far away they are theres 4 places to buy goldies from around me

one is 45 minute drive,one is an hour drive and two are 2 1/2 hour drive.

so i used to get really nice fish from the 45 min drive pet store but they have since gotten a new owner and have poor tanks so i rarley even look at the fish from them anymore then theres the hour drive away where they have nice tanks but only ever had feeders and fantails (nothing wrong with fantails but ive been itching for either a calico oranda or a calico tele)

well my sister had to take a run up to the hour away pet store and asked if i wanted to tag along i said sure what the heck didnt bother to bring any money jsut thought i would go for the ride.

well guess what i seen in the goldy tanks?? for the very first time in like a year

they had a few orandas a pearl scale and a few butterfly tails!!!!!

they were gorgeous!!! one was pure white tele with a black and orange tail and black fins OMG it was gorgoues!!! it was only 6.99 i wanted it bad but didnt bring any money i asked my sisetr if i could barrow the the money but sheh ad only brought enough for gas and the speciel whitening shampoo she needed for her dog.

so i asked my boyfreind if i paid for gas if we could go back up today he said sure we got up there and every tele was gone :cry

the women who worked there was like "oh you should have come in yesterday! we had some gorgeous ones but a man came in and bought a 55 gallon and 8 goldies for it.

im so bummed about it! i really want a fish that stands out to me and makes me dieing to have it that was what the little butterfly tail was but oh well i guess maybe ill learn to always take some money with me! it jsut figures htough everytime i DO take money with me they never have ones i want.

i jsut wish i could have atleast gotten a few pictures Gosh it was pretty never seen one like it the entire body was pure white no spots or speckles just white the eyes were black and the tail fins was black with some orange in the center and the top and side fins were all black but what was so neat was there was little to no black running into the bodys white color it was like diliberatly painted it was awsome

Wow, that does sound real pretty--what a shame you missed him! But there's no way you could have known. Hopefully the guy who bought them will educate himself on proper gf care. And maybe the store will order more of those kind of gf since there is more interest in that type.