Something is wrong with my Bubble Eye.

Aluyasha

So today I noticed my small bubble eye goldfish is acting a little strange. His left pectoral fin joint is really red, the color of blood. He is still using it normally but it seems to be upseting him. He keeps laying sideways to rub his fin on the gravel.

He looks fine other wise. Though he also will be swimming then randomly jerks around like he is on fire.

He is in a 15g tank with a celestial eye. They are only living in the 15g for 2 weeks, then I am putting them in a 30g.

Ammonia: .0

Nitrite: .0

Nitrate: 20

Ph: 7.5

Gh: 150

Kh: 210

Water temp is around 72 degrees. My last water change was yesterday. I add Aquasafe whenever I do a water change. I siphon on teusdays and do a water change on fridays. I remove 30% of the water everytime (so twice a week).

May we have a pic or a video of the fin, please? I'm sorry he is having problems.

Did you just add the bubble eye to the celestial without QT?

Although nitrate is still within acceptable range, I would still go ahead and do a 50% WC now, just to bring it down even lower. When there is sick fish, the lower the nitrate (while ammonia and nitrite are zero), the better :)

I would also up the WCs to 50% each time.

I have been trying to take pictures, it is very hard to take a focused photo of a tiny jiggly fish. lol

The bubble eye is the original fish, the new add is the celestial eye. I bought the celestial eye about 5 days ago. (no, I did not QT'ed the celestial)

Salt is just to promote healing and to prevent secondary bacterial infections. You need Praziquantel.

Salt is used at 0.1% to 0.3%, depending on which Prazi you use. Do you have Prazi?

Ok. That is perfect. I would like for you to treat the tank, with both fish. Salt should be added in 0.1% increments every 12 hours until you get to 0.3%. There are 2 links in my sig that explains this.

You should do 4 rounds of Prazi, with each round being 5-7 days long. Do a big WC before you do each round of Prazi :)

I am somewhat familiar with the prazi treatment. When I first got my single tails I treated them for it. :)

I just finished doing the water change and adding the stuff. I hope he gets better!