Sign in to follow this  
Riona

I got my fish!

And I'm not a good photographer :blush:

IMG_0108.jpg

The two of them together. The orange guy is a fantail, and the calico was labelled as a ryukin, but we'll have to see if he ever gets a hump.

IMG_0127.jpg

And the tank itself. The bubblers are behind some rocks that have anubias and java fern attached to them, I'm hoping they'll leave the flame moss alone long enough for it to grow, and the pots have some anacharis/cabomba/wisteria that I'm hoping will distract them from the moss.

I kept my white clouds, and probably will for a while just since they aren't too much bio-load for the tank. They're both awesome little guys! They're already poking around in the gravel, and had part of an algae wafer for dinner shortly after I put them in their new home. I'll have a video later, since youtube is taking forever to upload it and I need to go get in line for the midnight of the hunger games soon, but it'll be up eventually :)

They look nice and healthy too :thumb:

Very nice. I love your tank! :)

Beautiful tank :heart

Lovely balance with the pots and green. Is that java fern on the rock? How did you get it to attach? It looks very pretty :)

very pretty! I love your flame moss, I keep some in my betta tank, it is one of my favorite plants :)

wow.. that looks fantastic! good work... i would consider an entry to TOTM with that tank pic :)

Congrats! I love the tank.

How many White Clouds do you have?

I got some recently and love to watch their antics.

good luck on the moss surviving... my goldies ate all my flame moss and java moss :S lol! nice tank :)

I have 9 of the white clouds, they were in my 20 long before I took it down to make this one.

Some of the java ferns I tied onto the rocks, but they didn't seem to attach too well for me, so I put the rest on with superglue gel. I got the idea from reefkeepers who use it to glue coral frags to rocks. I'm still hoping, at least until they take out the moss, that I can keep enough frilly leafy stuff in the tank that they don't find interest in it, but hey, if they do I can always grow some on my windowsill and just feed it to them, right?

Thank you for the comments!

Very nice setup :) and your babies are too cute :) Congrats :) I'm sure they will thrive in their new home :)

Congratulations!:)

I love the tank. Is the bushy plant on the left micro swords? Really nice.

The bushy one on the left is flame moss. It grows more upright than java moss does. I think it's one of my favourite mosses because of the way it grows.

They are so cute :) I agree with everyone, your tank is lovely!

Very nice!