Sign in to follow this  
goldygal

Two Gone

Well I parted with 2 of my goldies today. In nov of last fall I bought what was at the time the most beautiful colored little chocolate oranda and a white ranchu. Wow what poop machines. These two are enormous and the chocolate is anything but now. He is a beautiful huge I mean huge orange oranda and the ranchu stayed a nice white. I placed them in a new home not due to the colors but to what it has been doing on my system. Big fish = Big Poops. It was just to much.

I also have alot of love for my very first two red caps and they are older but a bit smaller than these two were. I would sometimes find the littler red cap in a corner being held there by the chocolate. These two fish were clearly not happy in the tank with the other two so it was time that they went to a new home.

Now the two red caps are more happy than I have seen them in a long time. They are busy bodies going over the sand bed and just being the fish they were in the first place.

Lesson learned, they were happy and should have been left that way in the first place.

I am happy to find a new home for the other two though.

Aww that is good that you found them a new home. Ive had problems with bigger fish and smaller fish, mine is usually the little fish annoying the bigger ones.

It's so nice to have Happy Fish :) I had to re home fish before and always for the better of the fish :) my last two Teles were not getting enough food and were being pushed around by the bigger guys :( they are much happier in their new home now :)

i've rehomed a few too! they're very happy in my friends well kept pond :)

i rehomed porky from my totts tank a few days ago.. he went to a very special friend who fell in love with him months ago.. she's got a nice big tank, well maintained with telescopes :)

Yes I was so sad to see them go especially when I wanted those two types and colors. Very disappointing on the chocolate oranda but I knew that going into it that this could happen. The white ranchu he was not what I expected to turn out like at all, no head growth at all. So when it came down to having to part with two my decision was really easy. Now they will be together in another tank.

These two red caps are so happy they are just motoring in the tank and having so much fun together. I was really worried about them as they were quite lifeless before that. The mean guy is gone now they are happy.

I have a mean fish, too. And I sometimes think of re-homing him. Unfortunately, my sweetie picked him out...so I can't really get rid of him. :(

I'm glad you found a good home for your two.

Edited by mjbubbles

I have re homed 3 fish in my time. Its never easy but remember your doing cause you care about your fish :thumb:

Sometimes you have to think about what is best for all of your fish...sounds like you did the right thing.