Sign in to follow this  
nidhi

My planted tank and fishes..

Hi All, This is my present set up which is of 8 moths old..

Tank size is 36x18x18 inches, 45w x 2 High out put CFL's, lower layer of garden soil and top layer river sand, External cannister filter - Jebao - 503, 15w, 750lts/hr..

here are the photos of my planted tank and the inhabitants..

Nidhi28.jpg

Nidhi09.jpg

Nidhi08.jpg

Nidhi21.jpg

Nidhi43.jpg

Nidhi41.jpg

Nidhi48.jpg

Nidhi47.jpg

Nidhi45.jpg

Nidhi05.jpg

Nidhi04.jpg

Nidhi35.jpg

Nidhi29.jpg

ok.. people, what do think..

Wow, looks great! I really like the natural look :) Really like that black molly!

Wow, looks great! I really like the natural look :) Really like that black molly!

Thanks Narny..

the last picture.. don't know what fish that is, but I like it! (I don't do tropicals lol). you already know how I feel about your setup :wub:

the last picture.. don't know what fish that is, but I like it! (I don't do tropicals lol). you already know how I feel about your setup :wub:

Hi cathface.. Its a male Trichogaster trichopterus or commenly called Three Spot Gourami, Opaline Gourami, Cosby Gourami..

there is a female also, 3rd photo from bottom.. ;)

Really nice! In the picture with the black molly, is that plant a sword or a crypt?

Gorgeous Tank :) May I ask what is the green screen stuff on the back wall? I also love your black Molly ;)

(I forgot how much i loved them till i saw your pick ...hmmm will they go with angelfish i wonder ;)

Your tank is beautiful and I love the wood. It makes me realize that I need to aquascape mine instead of letting everything grow where it wants to.

Dan, it looks like a aponogeton bulb (spelling is a killer for me).

Your tank is beautiful and I love the wood. It makes me realize that I need to aquascape mine instead of letting everything grow where it wants to.

Thanks Ashley. I need to take a page out of nidhi's book too. I can grow plants, but I got no skill when it comes to aquascaping. LOL.

Thanks Ashley. I need to take a page out of nidhi's book too. I can grow plants, but I got no skill when it comes to aquascaping. LOL.

Same here! Looks like a have a project for tonight.

I'm just guessing nidhi, but it doesn't look like you are running any Co2? Is it just dirt then? I plan on experimenting with dirt in a ten gallon tank soon. Your tank is very inspiring.

Nidhi, the tank is really lovely. SUch a nice variety of plants and fish.

Thanks for sharing.

mj

Looks wonderful. I just love the unplanned look.

That's beautiful! I have an opaline gourami too, he's about 4 years old and super aggressive. I can't keep with him with smaller fish. It's good you don't have that problem, the combination of all of your fish is pretty. And that mesh/screen thing in the back is very unique, is that just decorative or is there for a reason?

:I-Thank-You: :I-Thank-You: :I-Thank-You:

That's beautiful! I have an opaline gourami too, he's about 4 years old and super aggressive. I can't keep with him with smaller fish. It's good you don't have that problem, the combination of all of your fish is pretty. And that mesh/screen thing in the back is very unique, is that just decorative or is there for a reason?

Gorgeous Tank :) May I ask what is the green screen stuff on the back wall? I also love your black Molly ;)

(I forgot how much i loved them till i saw your pick ...hmmm will they go with angelfish i wonder ;)

The green mesh is for growing moss which would eventually look like the moss is growing on a wall..

shellbell4ever..I had no issues keeping mollies with angles..try it :rolleyes:

finsNfur.. my male gaurami was very aggressive too, but has coold down a bit.. :clapping:

and thanks for the watching..

Really nice! In the picture with the black molly, is that plant a sword or a crypt?

Mr.B..ashlee18 is right its aponogeton crispus.. very nice and easy to grow plant,

ashlee18.. I need to confess that I never tried to aquascape, just planted them as and when I got these plants.. :whistle

Same here! Looks like a have a project for tonight.

I think.. any thing is possible, we just neeed to try..

so just go ahead and give it all you got, and nature will take over.. best of luck :thumb:

I'm just guessing nidhi, but it doesn't look like you are running any Co2? Is it just dirt then? I plan on experimenting with dirt in a ten gallon tank soon. Your tank is very inspiring.

Mr.B your guess is right, this tank does not get Co2 injected nor fertilizers.. Its just the dirt topped up with river or constructin sand..

all my plants are low tech plants and my lighting is just about 2w/gallons.. so no need for co2, as far as ferts are concerned..will wait and see if any signs of deficiancy shows up and then start it..

Nidhi, the tank is really lovely. SUch a nice variety of plants and fish.

Thanks for sharing.

mj

The pleasure is mine.. mjbubbles ;)

Looks wonderful. I just love the unplanned look.

I like that way too..Hidr.. :I-Thank-You:

Got a bad news to share.. :(

one of my Otocinclus Catfish is dead, he got stuck in moss wall some how and drowned I believe..

I had no issues with these guys, they were very active and went about doing their job very professionally..

now need to get a partner for the other guy..

Oh no. Sorry to hear this :(

What is that plant in the second to last picture? The one taking up most of the shot? It looks kinda like water sprite but not at the same time.

What is that plant in the second to last picture? The one taking up most of the shot? It looks kinda like water sprite but not at the same time.

Ashlee its a Asian Ambulia ( Limnophila sessiliflora), Got lots of these growing in a nearby lake.. and some other plants as well, like brown crypts, Elodia, vallisnaria, Nympaea.. etc

Ashlee its a Asian Ambulia ( Limnophila sessiliflora), Got lots of these growing in a nearby lake.. and some other plants as well, like brown crypts, Elodia, vallisnaria, Nympaea.. etc

How cool would that be, getting your own plants. The water here is too cold to support much plant life here.