Field trip vids! :D (lord help ya if you're on dial up)

Please ignore me squealing like a kid at a birthday party. I was a little excited. :peeka:lol Sorry about the reflection! It was cloudy so not good light plus reflection = bad for video.

This was the display tank at another store I went to called Aquatic Traders. It was HUGE, at least 10 feet long.

Here is photographic evidence of what a hungry pleco will do to a goldie at a different store. :( That same pleco went after them over and over and over while I stood there. Only took 30 seconds of filming to catch it. (They looked good otherwise so I bought one. :D) I was even able to bargain the guy down a little on price. ;)

And this was at yet another store I went to. They had some nice looking blue orandas but there was no light in the tank and hard to see them plus I had already bought one of those ranchus so... yeah. Anyway, this jar of food cracked me up.

6849267814_1508f40902_b.jpg

Finally here are some still pics from Tommy's. :D I think Alex took some pics too and I want to see them!!! (unless I am in them!!! :rofl)

This is just one pond. There were four more just as full of big gorgeous fish.

6995168727_2bd27dcc7d_b.jpg

6995168163_99412f5432_b.jpg

6849045314_e28e36b25a_b.jpg

6995166825_0a12854754_b.jpg

Elli, where did you go for a field trip??

Poor little ranchus getting chased by the pleco! I can only imagine what happens at night :(

Yep! And I bet the poor little pleco is starving. There is no way he gets any food, being in a tank with all these goldfish. Even pleco-dedicated wafers and veggies are going to be devoured by the goldfish within minutes, before the poor pleco even has a chance to get a bite of food :(

I think some people who live in really rural areas are. I know one of my friends can't get cable or DSL where she lives so she has some kind of satellite internet that is crazy expensive and sucks. :lol

Shell, I got a little black ranchu and a betta :D I'm going to try to get better pics of them.

Yep! And I bet the poor little pleco is starving. There is no way he gets any food, being in a tank with all these goldfish. Even pleco-dedicated wafers and veggies are going to be devoured by the goldfish within minutes, before the poor pleco even has a chance to get a bite of food :(

I tried to tell that, exactly, in pretty much those exact words :lol to someone not too long ago and they were like pfft! whatever! it's not that hard to feed a pleco! Um, yeah, it is in a tank with greedy goldfish but whatever.

Edit: I showed the guy in the store how the pleco was sucking on the goldies and he said he was going to move them. :) So yay for that.

Edited by happysnapper

Yay for informing them! Those ranchus are adorable!

I loved loved loved those jumbo ranchus. If I ever buy another goldfish again, it will be one of his ranchus. And the infamous picture tank made me lol so hard.

Eta: when I lived in the country in North GA, we couldn't get internet. And it was like $120 a month to add it to our dish. So I got a little thing you plug into your USB port for internet through Verizon. It was actually a pretty decent speed. And it was $50 a month for the data I needed. I was building websites at the time.

Edited by ashlee18

Wow! What a fun trip. The fish in those ponds were all so beautiful!!

I love that they are so big he has to use laundry baskets to contain them.

Fun fun fun! Thanks for sharing the pics with them.

PS my mom still has dial up!

Color me green with envy that you Texans can go see the Goldfishnet beauties first-hand! What an amazing outing that must have been. I'm ridiculous, my eyes were bugging out trying to view every single ranchu in the pond (wanted to see if I could spot the newbie who's coming my way from Tommy this week).

• Admin

Ok Im confused, was that Tommy's place or Dandy Oranda's... Cause I thought it said goldfishconnection... :crazy:

Any who those where some pretty fish, even TD thought so. :thumb:

That video of the pleco, shows you why you should NEVER keep them with goldfish :yikes

I saw a beautiful Red & White Oranda with a huge tail at about 55 seconds that I would have dove right in there & fish napped!!!!!!!

I have watched this video several times! There are SOOOOOOO many H U G E, gorgeous goldies!!!! WOW!!!!!

Ok Im confused, was that Tommy's place or Dandy Oranda's... Cause I thought it said goldfishconnection... :crazy:

Any who those where some pretty fish, even TD thought so. :thumb:

That video of the pleco, shows you why you should NEVER keep them with goldfish :yikes

Yay for Elli posting pics and videos. Mine will come in a couple days, after another field trip! :)

Koko, we went to see Tommy's fish!

Susan, we did not get any fish. We were happy to have been able to visit though :)