Telescope with possible fin rot

Niffarious

Nope, no wen at all on the telescope. Though I did see at some point the pustule appeared to have burst...but there was no injury. Then it was just gone. The ones on the lionchu/ranchu (whatever it is!) went away without any leftover mark either.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all. I was planning to update this today with pictures and a note of how good this tele has been doing. Her fins were re-growing, she was growing, and very alert and active.

This morning I found her dead. Not bloated, no marks, lesions, no nothing. Looked fine...but lifeless. :( The water parameters are perfect and the other goldfish is fine. I've got no idea what the culprit was...unless there was just too much damage done before I got her.

Thank you :)

The only thing I can think of, knowing the history of the fish, is that there was just too much damage to be reversed. It had been in less than ideal and very stressful conditions since early December.

Thank you :)

The only thing I can think of, knowing the history of the fish, is that there was just too much damage to be reversed. It had been in less than ideal and very stressful conditions since early December.

Oh, I totally agree. When you see a fish that condition, it's not wrong to assume that she probably has a myriad of other issues, some of which may be deep-seated internal ones. We can only try our best, but too many times they've been so irrevocably damaged prior to arriving that it's not possible to return them to complete health. You and she put up one heck of a fight, though.