Wendal is having a very hard time :(

Thanks for the veggie advice!! :D i'll try that all out for sure (i don't have a microwave though, so i'll just use the stove!)

I'm taking a water sample to my LFS tonight, so I'll post that stuff as soon as I have the info!

Wendal seems a litte better today still, except I'm really concerned about the red streaks. I'll keep everyone updated!

Okay, so just got back from the LFS. They only do the tests with strips, so that's pretty inaccurate, but I can at least tell you my ammonia and nitrites are 0 (or close to zero...) but my nitrates are elevated.

I ended up getting a test kit of my own (drops, woo!) so I'll be doing a more accurate test in the morning, and I'll let you guys know whats going on. The test kit is for ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, and pH.

• Supporter

I ended up getting a test kit of my own (drops, woo!) so I'll be doing a more accurate test in the morning, and I'll let you guys know whats going on. The test kit is for ammonia, nitrate, nitrite, and pH.

:thumb:

Well, just finished my tests with the drops.

Ammonia: 0

Nitrite: 0-ish (between 0 and 0.1)

Nitrate: between 10-20 (closer to 10)

pH: between 7-7.5

I spoke with someone that used to work at the LFS I worked at (she's now at the other location), she suggested to maybe treat for septicemia because of the blood streaks in the tail, but I'm not sure of that. I do have some medicated fish food that treats septicemia, but it would probably just end up making Wendal more floaty.

Anyway, I do suppose I will go steam some veggies for my guys. Do I just put them on a veggie clip? Maybe I'll give them some frozen bloodworms (or glassworms, or spirulina bloodworms) hmmm.....