Pip's new place :)

I've been looking for a second tank since everyone moved back into the 70 gal when the 110 sprung a leak. I wasn't in a big rush and was hoping to find something kinda funky and different, but Pippin changed my plans :P He's always been my weakest fish, not sickly, just not as strong as everyone else; his swimming looks more like interpretive dance, he's slower to realize it's feeding time, etc, but he always managed. I recently upgraded my air pumps, and between that and the increased activity with spring in the air, he just seemed sad. His fins were upright, color, appetite and poops were good, but he couldn't handle the increased activity; every time he swam around, he was jostled by current or another fish trying to play and he'd go back to the bottom and hang out in the plants :( He hung out in a qt tub for a few days (and got back to his ol' self!), then we went into the city and picked up a new tank (a 30 long b/c I had a perfect dresser and spot for it). I'm going to move one other fish in with him, but I want to give him a couple of weeks to himself. Here are some pics of him in his new place, thanks for looking :)

004-4.jpg008-4.jpg014-2.jpg

Aww thats a nice little tank for him and a little friend. Its nice that you can do to help him out.

Aw, the sweet darling. I wanted to give my two little telescopes their own tank since they're still so tiny, but they're doing pretty well in the big tank. :) I hope Pippin does well!! :D

Thanks guys :) He's really special to me, his tra-la-la personality makes me smile :) My 3 other teles do very well in the big tank, none of them are really suitable room mates for him; Teeny and Philomena (the walmart babies) are very close so I wouldn't want to separate them and Dante (formerly Dahlia) just exploded with breeding stars and is fascinated with butts right now so he's far too frisky to be with Pip :rolleyes:

I think I'm leaning towards Alvarez as his roomie; he's the youngest so they could both benefit from an extra meal every day, plus, he's kind of a loner so even though he's fast and busy, he doesn't chase. He also tends to get his fill of food before it hits the bottom and Pippin doesn't even try till it's on the floor, so they could be a good match that way, too.

Very nice! What kind of filter is that? I haven't seen that kind in years. Yours has a more modernized look to it, of course. ;)

Thanks :) The filters are the old-school box type, filled with media and powered by air pumps. We have very hard water and it clogs up power filters very quickly so I started switching over to these and they work great, just need to replace the air stones every month as they get clogged with mineral build up.