Sign in to follow this  
scrappinjaime

How to torture your goldies...

I threw a algae wafer in the tank for the nerite snail and then I fed my orandas. The female's name is Misty. No name for the boy yet :) Anyway, they ate their food and then went after the algae wafer, they have pushed it into a corner and have been poking at it for 30 minutes. I kind of feel bad :) I guess it's keeping them busy, but it does seem like I am torturing them. :)

mine will do that so I wait until I turn off the light. If not they will keep at it forever. It may be torture. lol

my little guys do the same thing. i just started to throw a couple extra in the tank to please everyone. though its funny to watch 5 or 6 little fatties fightin over the last pieces.

I tried feeding an algae wafer once, found out my large oranda at the time could fit the entire thing in his mouth at once, was a scary moment! I use peas instead now for them to pick at, soft enough to eat one all at once, and the BNs and snails still get a chance!

i always split my algea wafers into 3 or four pieces, doesnt help though, they all still go after the same piece.