Sakura Pearscales! Oh my!

Hey guys, I know it's been a while but I needed to share this phenomenal find with folks who would appreciate it!

I just picked up TWO (look like one male, one female) sakura-colored crown pearlscales from my semi-big-box LFS . . . and get this, they were in the "misc. Goldfish" tank so they were $2.99 each!

Here are my beauties :)

IMG_2036.jpg

Boy

IMG_2035.jpg

Girl

No names yet, any suggestions?

• Supporter

congratulations! excellent score :) they're beautiful! and how fortunate to have male and female... aaaahhhh, sounds like your fate is to also accidently raise sakura pearlscale fry.. :ehh

THey are so cute. I love their button eyes. Great find!

Thanks guys!

Yes, they have little baby-wens growing. . . so they totally fit into my Oranda "theme" :)

Sakura is a color, when a fish is red and white with a combination of matte and shiny scales . . . these two both seem to have TEENY specks of black on their tails, which may make them technically calico (right? right.) but it looks a bit like ammonia burn, so I'll wait a week or so and see if the black disappears.

Also, PInG/PONG. . . love it! Girl = Ping, boy= Pong. . . yes?