Nursery, middle school, & parents

Hiya! So I've got the little fry finally in a proper tank as of late last night. Here's all my goldfishies in their 3 tanks. I didn't get into the tank of swordies but that may come later.

Forgot to mention that I don't like the liquid fry food because it turns to glue and you have to scrape it off the bottom of the tank which is dangerous to the fry.

I'll have a lot to adopt out this summer. nudge nudge wink wink

Ryukin/shubunkin/telescope mixes.

<embed width="600" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" wmode="transparent" src="http://static.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid6.photobucket.com/albums/y230/EccoBell/Fishies/nurseryall.mp4">

Aww...the frys (what do you call a school of fry? fries?? that doesn't sound right loll) are ever so tiny...

i really love your white telescope, his tails are the cutest!

Uriel has the stumpiest of tails, omg, so cute. She struggles and wuffles and tries so hard. She's got a system now starting at the front of the tank and wobbles her way backwards through the gravel 'cuz she's stronger backwards. HA! Silly tele.

Such pretty fish! I'm sure the fry will develop into beautiful goldfish. May I ask how big is your main tank?

The other thing I just wanted to quickly comment on is that goldfish are NOT primarily vegetarians. The eat both plant and animal matters, but by mass the animal component far outweighs the plants. This was done by analyzing the stomach contents of Prussian carp in the wild.

http://www.bio.u-szeged.hu/ecology/tiscia/t22/t_22_9.pdf

Ooh fancy! I'm glad dnalex that you showed me that because I was getting lots of different information.

That large tank is 75 gallons. Only has the strip of bubbles for now but I'm looking to add a few bubble disks and a beefier filtration system sometime soon and some different lighting. I have a strip of LED's in use in the evenings for transitioning but I'd like to add a few more strips in warmer tones and maybe some other light source of a high intensity discharge for different wavelengths, mostly to penetrate the bubbles better so they don't go all strobe-like effect.

Happysnapper, I've got to see your twinsy! We should do a dual video with them. Uriel was all white and I thought she was albino but the other month she got a little streak near her bum and the last couple weeks has been slowly turning a soft yellow. Maybe she'll turn into gold.