Weather loachs

claire_uk

I have had these 2 for about 7 years. They have been in 4 different tanks, the biggest also nearly died about 4 years ago due to a mouth infection, but they are doing well, pretty active in the tank and love hiding under the logs. Seem to get on fine with the Bristlenoses, dont mind sharing their home!

041-2.jpg

068-1.jpg

111-1.jpg

Will try and get some more of them.

I agree. they are cute and creepy. I do like how they wriggle around in the tank, though. I like the clown loaches too.

Great pics!

They are a little creepy looking, so wriggly and bendy! Dont see them around too much in shops anymore though. Good little fish, mine like hiding in the plants or under the wood.

• Supporter

They're so cute! I have golden jojos, which are just a color variation. I also keep them with BN plecos with no problems. How big are your loaches and do the burrow? I keep reading how the get up to 10 inches. I've had mine almost a year and I don't see them ever getting any where that big, and they don't burrow, but I have lots of hiding places in the tank.

Ive always a golden one but never seen any around here. Mine are about 7 inches, mine are about 7 years, maybe more as they werent babies when I got them. They burrow more when scared, such as during water change. otherwise they just go under the wood or in the plants.

Aww, there dont seem to be many around any more, maybe due to there being a ban on one part of the species. They are something different in the tank. :-)