Bristlenoses

claire_uk

I have 2 bristlenoses in with my goldies along with 2 weather loachs and snails. They are very active critters, its nice watching them grow, their bristles, especially the biggest, are so cute. :-)

113-2.jpg

076-1.jpg

074.jpg

065-2.jpg

071-1.jpg

062-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

Id say Apple Snails for tougher algae, and the BNs for softer greener. I saw some albinos the other day and was going to get another, decided to try snails again see how they go.

Claire, those BN look great! I absolutely love the coloring on them.

What is better for cleaning your goldie tanks, bristle nose or apple snail, or is there something else I should consider? Thank you

I love my BN plecos. I have 6 albinos in the goldfish tank and 0 algae. My tropical tank has otos and is covered.

Id say Apple Snails for tougher algae, and the BNs for softer greener. I saw some albinos the other day and was going to get another, decided to try snails again see how they go.

In my experience, the snails are far less thorough than the pleco though.

Ashlee, how big is your tropical tank? Don't forget that bristlenoses are significantly larger and probably eat 10x the amount of algae that the otos eat, even in the 180g. :)

Thanks, the bigger one is good at changing colours, first thing in the morn or if hes been in a darker area he has splotches on him, within 5 mins though he is back to his normal colour.

I find my snails tend to clean the front glass more than the BNs, not really sure why! lol.

lol, I have one lazy snail though. he just hangs about on the ground and the back glass. I love watching them eat, the way they and the BNs move around on the glass is cool. :-)

I must have really lazy snails then :rofl

LOL. Mine too. Mine ate algae for a week. Then they gave up :rofl

I love your BNs. These fish must be among my top 5 all time favorites.

Yer the bigger guy has much sharper spots. So tempted by an albino too! lol they are addictive.

• 2 weeks later...

The snails I have this time seem to be quite active, up to now. See how they go! lol.