I went to a koi show in Orlando

on Saturday. I really wasn't interested in the koi , but there were lots of vendors there and I wanted to check them out. I got some food samples, some floating plants, and some filter media. Then I found a pond pump just the size I needed for half price. There were hundreds of little koi for sale. They're as cute as goldfish when small. The colors and scales in koi are beautiful, but they're just too big to appeal to me. The large ones in competition appeared to be obese. But there was one huge koi that looked like a 30 inch blue, black, and white shubunkin. That was pretty!

Rofl Fang!

I love koi shows! I will be going for the 3rd time to the Holland Koi Show this summer. Those huge Koi are amazing.

I have to say that in real I prefer the normal tailed ones. The butterfly fish always remain less "filled out", more on the thin side. I am not sure why. I like the power of the short tail ones. My favorite color are those grew ones with the tacho.