Guess what I got? :)

tithra

So, I went out last night with the intent of buying some shrimp and maybe a snail for my betta tank (it's been about a week since I euthanized captain sparkles).

I hadn't intended to get another betta for a few months, but of course I had to just look, and you know what happens when you look.....

They had a really good selection of beautiful bettas, but this one caught my eye.

The pictures don't do him justice but he is this very light lavendar/cornflower blue color with white edging around his tail. And the thing that really got me is this beautiful pattern on his fins, it's like rows of dots, hard to capture but this first picture shows it pretty well.

He has been super shy and hides every time I come near the tank, so these pics took me all of today to gather up. Also including some tank shots bc I changed things around a bit once again!

DSC00570.jpg

DSC00530.jpg

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00542.jpg

DSC00563.jpg

DSC00572.jpg

Hiding lol

DSC00549.jpg

Video:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IZ19WzecGAY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tank: took out the baby tears... they were still growing and healthy, but were not rooting and every time I did anything in the tank the mat would begin to float up, I just got fed up with it. Also took out the moss wall... it was actually doing well, but proved to be a bit of a death trap. I found my snail trapped behind it :( (hadn't seen him in days, he had somehow wedged himself between the moss wall and aquarium wall very tightly.

DSC00555.jpg

dwarf sag:

DSC00582.jpg

dwarf hairgrass (hoping this will fill in)

DSC00581.jpg

flame moss has been looking awesome lately!

DSC00580.jpg

floating baby tears ;)

DSC00557.jpg

baby tears bottom view and italian val

DSC00579.jpg

Thanks for looking! :D

Edited by tithra

Thank you all! :D I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks he was worth taking home :P

Oooh, he is gorgeous and so lucky to live in that gorgeous tank! I got a little sad when I read you removed the baby tears but the hairgrass looks GREAT!

I was a little sad to take it out too, I would have loved for it to work out, but the stuff just wouldn't stay down in in the process of me trying to plant the thing over and over baby tears would get all over the tank. It just got annoying. I hope the hairgrass will cover that whole midsection with time.

Ooh! He is lovely, and so is your tank! I love it! :)

What shall his name be? :)

I don't know! bf typically names the fish (he named all of them so far), I am no good at names ;)

He's beautiful. Your tank is looking amazing! So that co2 system is working out pretty good for you then?

Thank you! Yeah, I got the 88g system (I got sick of how big the 'mini' system was), I really like it so far, it seems to help. My flame moss looked pitiful before I started the co2 and now it is so green and has been growing great.

Wow very nice looking fish, and an amazing looking tank! Every live plant I put in my tank dies D: lol

Thank you! I really think the plants not dying so far is the co2 and the lighting. I am pretty inexperienced with plants so it is amazing I have been able to keep anything alive lol.

Ooh! He is lovely, and so is your tank! I love it! :)

What shall his name be? :)

I don't know! bf typically names the fish (he named all of them so far), I am no good at names ;)

Really? I didn't know that he named Edie and Puff! He's a good namer!

I loved the name Captain Sparkles!! :)

Thats a great looking tank, and a gorgeous boy =3

BTW, your "floating baby tears" is actually duckweed ;)

They are actually baby tears/dwarf baby tears, I have had both in my tank previously and they are floating due to trimmings from both those plants. I have never had duckweed in that tank ;)

a kitty??

lol wow he is gorgeous!

huh? A kitty? I don't understand? :huh:

but thank you! :D

cause the title of your thread is "guess what i got" i guessed "a kitty?"

:rofl you'll have to excuse me... I am a little slow lol :P