Sign in to follow this  
Lydia

Fin Rot Fight 2

hmm we seem to have fin rot creeping back on the black moor.. I noticed cause it end tail ripped at the very ends but since it was identical to both sides I couldn't compare!!! no sign of the greyness of last time either..

its top fin seems eaten out a little bit so I just put the meds in the tank.

This black moor has a special characteristic.. its anal fin is ripped into two , has always been like that.. well on the small part of that you see this white dot so im wondering whether its fungus.. i dont see any other white dots so its not ick for sure (we've been through that as well)..

I saw it sat at bottom couple mins ago so I went and tapped glass and it came to say hello to mummy :) now its getting ready to have lunch!

Fin rot is almost always caused by poor water quality. Have you tested for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? If not then you really must as meds wont work if the water isn't up to scratch.

I did a test right before the water change. and it was 0 nitrites, 25 nitrates.. hardness and ph are always sky high.. its something of the area so it wasn't something new...

I did a test just now and its 0 nitrites 10-25 nitrates (to be expected after 25-30% water change)..

i dont know whats causing it this time, last time it was new fish but also some really nasty water from shower head... grr i didn't know that it would draw water from the tank that god knows how dirty it is :(

just did ammonia too and its 0!

I really think it might be the plants .. im guess if there isn't enough light for good green algae to grow then they must not be doing well either..

i think they had fungus growing on them.. i took them out today!

i will be changing them all with fake plants..