My anachras are dieing

I planted two in my tank, and they seem to be dieing. They are turning brown. Is it because there are no fish in the tank yet and maybe it isn't cycled yet? Should I take them out before they make a complete mess of my tank. I was told by the LFS that they were easy plants that didn't need any special light or anything. Was I mis-informed? Thank you

all i know is do not use flourish excel on them. Other than that they are easy to grow with very little requirements as far as water and lights go.

How long did you have them? I noticed with my own anacharis that when I first received and planted them, the original stems started to look funky. BUT they grew new stems out of the sides like weed, and the new stems are beautiful, green, healthy looking. They are thinner and less bushy than the originals, but I think that has to do with the different water chemistry in my tank compared to where they came from.

I also agree with ashlee, tell us more about your tank? Is there any food source for the plants in the tank?

just give the plants some time to acclimate to new water conditions.... they may lose some leaves and even turn brown.. but in a couple weeks should start to flourish again.. :) add nutrients and do water changes like normal u should b fine. :D