Bottom sitting, bloated, other fish starting to bottom sit

Parameters this morning were 0/0/30 (Eek! Havent dont a change in a week! I've had houseguests. Bad fish mommy.)

I will do the change/salt/medication tonight!

Should I feed MediGold, MetroMeds or their regular diet of pellets/veggies/bloodworms? I have still been feeding MediGold.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh they'll be happy to get a bloodworm treat tonight then :]

They are doing alright... not bad but not 100% good. They seem mostly ok early on in the day, but late afternoon they go back to alternating between hovering at the bottom and swimming around a bit.

Update! My fish seem to be doing SO much better! I'd say almost back to normal now! They are not hanging around the bottom at all now until bedtime. They seem to be back to their normal swimmy selves :] The redness is reducing in their tails, and in one it is completely gone!

I only wish Falafel was still around to be cured :[

So, tomorrow I will do the next change and salting.

Thank you thank you THANK YOU so much for guiding me through this!

Ok! Yesterday was water change and salt only day, today was water change, salt, and prazi day.

The fish seem to be doing great. The only thing I can see that is still wrong at all is some red in their tails. How fast does this usually go away? Or is it a sign that there is still something wrong?

The red veins are enlarged vessels, which could happen due to stress, sickness, or water quality. In this case, it is most likely because they had a course of treatment, and is now being treated with Prazi. The red will go away, although it will be slow (weeks instead of days). The only thing to do is to keep pristine water, and everything else will resolve on their own :)

I'm really glad to hear that they continue to do well :)

Ok, good to know. I will watch for it to hopefully disappear in the upcoming weeks! So to be clear, the treatment is now over? How long do I leave the current Prazi/salt in the tank? Just until I would do another regularly scheduled water change? And then I don't add anything back in?

Here are photos!

Spaetzel:

yBupJ.jpg

Naan:

W8u5b.jpg

Kimchi (No red! Yay!):

54oRK.jpg

Edited by Sassyfras McGee

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Bummer! I woke up yesterday and Naan was bottom sitting. In hopes that it is just constipation or something, I fasted them yesterday and fed a few cooked, shelled peas today. The other two seem fine.

Hopefully this takes care of the problem. The redness in all of their fins from the flukes has greatly reduced in the last few weeks so I thought they were on the up and up.