ohmahgawd what do I do now!?

happysnapper

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've got swimmers! SO CUTE! The ones that are still on the glass, I took the opportunity to measure them. They're a little less than 1/8 of an inch long (3mm for you metric types :D).

I just gave them their first meal of first bites and they went after it. Can't wait to get my brine shrimp going and watch them grow :D

Any of you experienced breeders use green water? Is it too soon for that or should I try to get some going?

I tried green water but i did not like the way it made the tubs slimy and dirty. Being a discus guy at heart this was totally unacceptable for me. As far as what i have read it is really good for them though.

Hmm.... slimy and dirty sounds gross, but could be good because they like to eat that stuff right?

I fed them some frozen baby brine shrimp. They went crazy swimming when I put it in so I assume that means they are eating. :lol

Here they are on day 3, horizontal now instead of vertical. :lol Most are swimming now.

6967691735_20c43bf6d3_o.jpg

(sorry this pic is so big but they're so SMALL)

6967691523_e59b66aaf3_o.jpg

I have a video too! But you know how youtube is so you'll probably see it when they're ready to move out. :rofl

Lol! Love the video, and where can I get a T-shirt like that? :rofl

I am totally jealous of your fry. I want some!

:lol Could you read it? My mom got that for me one year for Christmas, right about when the youngest learned to talk.

LOL. I noticed the shirt too.

I know I keep saying this but I can't believe how tiny the fry are! We had discus fry all the time and they for some reason seem bigger than these guys. So excited!! Post lots of updates please :D