Sign in to follow this  
Wango

Java fern

I want to buy some Java fern for my new tank, and tie it to some bogwood or rocks, I am choosing java fern because to me it is the only cold water plant for goldfish that doesn't look hideous and they wont eat it hehe.

Do i need any special requirements for this plant? besides tying it to some bogwood? :D

Not really as long as you have about 1 watt per gallon. It should do just fine :thumb:

1 watt per gallon..thanks, I will go check this out right now!

Koko is right, itll grow best in 1w+ but I would add that I have had it grow in unlit tanks before, its just ALOT slower, so even if you fall a bit short of 1w dont worry massively. Its very robust and unfussy, the only thing I would say it really hates is being put in standing water, so avoid placing it in a dead spot. A gentle but constant current is best. Good luck with it! :)

Hmm nice tip about the current! I shall place them near the filter and middle of the tank, this way they will get a slight current from the filter hehe thanks