broken dorsal?

hey i know its probably nothing big... but i always noticed that spocks dorsal fin looked broken and it is never perfectly standing... as you can see in this picture... http://s1076.photobucket.com/albums/w456/monkey1987/?action=view&current=DSC00299.jpg .... does this affect him in any sort of way? he seems fine.. he is beautiful but he does seem a little less agile than the others..?? could that be me just exagerating? or could this be the reason? thx for the replies! :D

• Supporter

it's not uncommon for a fish to have a broken dorsal. but if the dorsal was broken whilst the fish is in your care, you must try to figure out what caused it to be broken, ie, ornaments, driftwood etc and remove those items as they're obviously not suited to your fish's environment if they are causing broken fins.

• Supporter

the dorsal is not super delicate, but it's easily broken. he may have trapped himeself somewhere where he's tried to pull himself out and the dorsal has snapped. i doubt that it would have snapped going in as by nature, they go down with ease..

That's a Gorgeous Calico

Does anyone know if Dorsal fins like this will heal??

Hi to monkey , you have a beautiful calico and the dorsal is not broken. But yes it looks that way. that is a genetic defect which is very common and of course we try to breed it out of them.

answer to shellbell4ever : no it will not heal as it is not not broken.

Edited by mikroll