Sign in to follow this  
Aquarius

I Am Having A Bad Week

I just lost a fish from my main aquarium to some mysterious parasite, and then I noticed that my favorite fish from my bedroom aquarium has dropsy.

Setting the hospital tank back up.

Would any of you like to volunteer to stick me in a bucket of clove oil and throw me in the freezer?

...or maybe just some chocolate would do...

Ali

:( That is so sad losing a fish then another with dropsy--that is a is a tough one. :cry1

I know that Koko saved her fish with dropsy by heating the water to 80 degrees F and feeding medicated food. And you have to keep the water quality high.

Good luck.

Flo-

So far, I have set up a 10 - gal hospital tank. I ordered some of the medicated food from Rick (shipped out today, he said). Until then, I have started on Marycin 2.

I think I hopefully caught it early enough. He is not bloated yet, though his scales are raised and his eyes are somewhat protruded. His behavior is still perfectly normal, though... he is swimming fine, eating fine, etc.

I also added a little salt to the tank.

I have not purchased a heater yet, but I may at some point.

It is very sad, because I just lost my other goldfish today. Emma was helping me out with him on the disease board. I was almost too ashamed to even say anythning about my other fish and his dropsy. I really do take good care of my boys!

Thank you all for everything and for listening to me whine.

Ali