Final cory "baby" update

number20121

For a change I'll try to keep it short :lol

1. I have only three fish left. Two weeks ago I had a CURAAAZY work week, 72 hours scheduled work. I wasn't at home much and didn't get to feed these guys the way they needed, and I lost three of the six I had :( Interestingly the tiny cory that I had mentioned before, was one of the survivors.

It is crazy how quickly fish fry can starve to death if not fed properly. Note to self: If I ever breed anything intentionally, I better get an automated feeder.

2. I have just now released the remaining three into the big tank. The largest one is close to 1" long including tail, so they should be doing fine now. They are not much smaller than the otocinclus, and the angels don't care for them. I kept them in a breeder basket inside the big tank for the last few weeks (which is why I know it's not a water quality issue that killed the three. They were all very skinny :( ) so they could get used to the water parameters etc.

Anyway, they really seem to like the big tank, and are following the big cory cats around :D

Inside the moss ball-cup for closeups. It's early to tell, but as of now they all look like they could be females. That is good, in case one of them breeds with one of the adult males, it's only a 33% chance of inbreeding. But we will see what gender these little guys (or girls) really turn out to be.

babycories02291201.jpg

babycories02291202.jpg

babycories02291203.jpg

Inside the mossball-cup in the big tank, ready to start their journey into the big tank. I am such a proud fishie mommy right now :heart

babycories02291204.jpg

babycories02291205.jpg

And finally out of the cup, exploring their new big world. I am so excited and sad at the same time LOL I know I am not gonna see them much for a while now, since they can hide so easily.

babycories02291206.jpg

You can really see the size difference here.

babycories02291207.jpg

This is the tiniest of the three, and the adult fish is actually their mommy.

babycories02291208.jpg

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Oh, Fang! They are so darling!! I want baby fishies! Especially ones I've grown myself.

I'm sorry you lost a few, but it will be so much fun to play "spot the baby cory" with these.

You are such a good fishie mom!

Iam i the only one that finds it slightly scary when they open their mouths i don't know my but somehow it creeps me out. :) Names?

Iam i the only one that finds it slightly scary when they open their mouths i don't know my but somehow it creeps me out. :) Names?

LOL!

None of my cories have names. Except for the big adult female I cannot really tell them apart :D

Especially when I see only one fish at a time.

Than call 'em all Dave Units, Dave Unit One, Dave Unit Two, and so on. :) thats what i do with some fish.

you really are a terrific fishy Mom you have done such a great job with all of your fish and to raise these babies and your other off spring as well KUDOS to you!! I'm sure your baby cory's are going to thrive in the big tank :)