10 gallon planted tank-overgrown!

xchairity_casex

kind of depressing about a year ago i decided to try my hand at my very first planted tank a 10 gallon long was originally going to turn it into a shrimp tank but rescued a poor betta from wally world instead.

i bought 3 "easy" plants from someone on aquabid an anubis,water sprite and some type of grass

well the water sprite is doing fantastic so fantastic in fact im tossing out bunches every few weeks and its choking off my grass plants :/

then somehow (i forget how) igot a tiny amount of duck weed introduced in about 5 months ago

well now thats going crazy too! i JUST cleaned out 3 huge handfulls from my tank last week to give to the goldies to eat but ill show you how much has come back since

Picture064.jpg

Picture067-2.jpg

Picture071.jpg

i cleaned out this little patch for the betta otherwise he has lots of trouble menuvering through the water sprite

Picture068.jpg

Picture070.jpg

Picture069.jpg

dont mind the algea im still going to turn it into a shrimp tank later on once i empty out sme birds from one of my other 10 gallons so im trying to grow a good algea wall on the side

You sure have good conditions for the two fast growing plants! I wish i had your problem. :) My plants grow so slowly.

Nice! I wish I'd find water sprite around here.

if you want to pay shipping i can send you a decent sized plant9or 10!) in a few weeks there easy as heck to grow! for about 4 months i litterly neglected it till it was nearly all brown and dead and 3 weeks later it was all green again and growing new plants

if you want to pay shipping i can send you a decent sized plant9or 10!) in a few weeks there easy as heck to grow! for about 4 months i litterly neglected it till it was nearly all brown and dead and 3 weeks later it was all green again and growing new plants

Hmm, how much do you think shipping to S.C. would cost?

Hmm, how much do you think shipping to S.C. would cost?

im not sure though i can try looking online to see if nothing else i can call the post office tomorrow morning if you like

wow good for u, maybe you have great bulbs in your light fixture! i notice my plants do SO much better when i have new bulbs. $$$$$$$

Edited by Sand

Very nice!

My water sprite grows like mad, too. I don't fertilize it or anything, and it just grows, grows, grows. I pull off the new growth with roots and toss the big mother plant every once in a while, it's a never-ending cycle of water sprite plantlets. Once my step-mother was visiting and commented, "you have a lot of weeds in your tank". LOL!!

Very nice!

My water sprite grows like mad, too. I don't fertilize it or anything, and it just grows, grows, grows. I pull off the new growth with roots and toss the big mother plant every once in a while, it's a never-ending cycle of water sprite plantlets. Once my step-mother was visiting and commented, "you have a lot of weeds in your tank". LOL!!

HAHA!! yeh it IS turning out to b like a weed! sure will be helpful when ever i decide to toss in a few shrimp! i feel a bit bad for my betta though he cants menuver around this so i keep one end cleared for him

• 2 months later...