Sign in to follow this  
shellbell4ever

Baby Red Cap Oranda

So as some of you know I got a New 55 gallon Tank for Valentines day :) what I didn't tell you is... I also Got a Baby red Cap Oranda ;) he was the cutest little thing i ever saw and I had to have him!!! But that would put me over the limit more than I was comfortable with :( while he was in QT I was seeing that my little tele's were having a hard time getting there fair share of nummies :( and this worried me quite a bit :( I was originally going to let my sisters kids have them so I could get regular updates and they were very excited ...but sis said she didn't have the time for another tank set up :( So when my Buddy john came by yesterday to help take down the tropical in the spare room I mentioned this and he about jumped up and down like a kid ;) So home with him they went :) in a 125 gallon Tank planted with Toothless and Nodder ;) I am so happy for all of them :) much better than i could ever give them ;) Anywhoo between my neck,back and feet I have been having such a bad time pain wise that Hubby convinced me that 2 Tanks are more than enough for me to keep busy but not to be over doing it ;)

Sorry such a long post (maybe I should start a blog ;))

Alrighty then the pics...oh and Cupid is now in the 55 as i am already salting at .01% anyways and prazi pro-ing them as well ;)

First off is Cupid :)

ctmpphpIPZnVU.jpgctmpphpyHrx08.jpg

The rest of the Oranda's :)

ctmpphprw6LpF.jpg

ctmpphpnrsowX.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

Smileys.

He is a cutie, extremely pretty! Does this coloration still count as red cap? (Just curious.)

Actually I don't know he was labeled red cap and his cap is red ;) lol but either way he was too cute to leave behind ;)

I'm curious as well,since it looks more like a cape.

I do believe we should just call them Red Capes.Make a new type of oranda!

• nice. Is that a green background or your wall? he looks pretty tiny!
  • You have live plants right? Is the salt prazi affecting them? it killed my plants a few months ago

ahhh so cute :D

The background is green gift wrap under clear contact paper ;) and the plants are anubias and I'm keeping an eye on them maybe next w/c I will move into the trop tank for the next couple of weeks ;)

I just love how all of them have a different expression :):lol

he has really cool coloring!

l but either way he was too cute to leave behind ;)

I absolutely agree! ;)

Thanks everyone I'm really thrilled to have him join the rest in the big tank :) I think I will go ahead and move my anubias over next w/c as it's looking a bit droopy i noticed tonight and i want to raise the salt a bit as well ;)

Aw. Cupid is adorable, and what a great Valentine! :)

Technically, he's not a red cap, but red/white oranda. Nevertheless, way too cute not to bring home.

Aww, he's adorable. Congratulations.

Technically, he's not a red cap, but red/white oranda. Nevertheless, way too cute not to bring home.

Thanks for clearing that up Alex;) I love him no matter ;) lol

Was just going to say this. Either way, nice fish.

Cupids is so adorable!

Aww, what a cutie!

Very pretty little fish!

shell is this the little one that had dropsy?

No Daniel :) I had just recently gotten a little Calico but it didn't last but a couple of days :( thank god for qt tanks :) I think I'll hold of for a bit now as I am going through a tank transformation currently ;) and everyone is doing so well I don't want to jinx it ;)

But thanks for asking :)