My 56 gallon aquarium. No fish yet.

MexiMike83

What size Green Killing Machine are you using, 9w or 24w? Either way, don't run it now, since you are still cycling.

Also, you can put the food in a mesh bag instead of just having it floating in the tank :)

Edited by dnalex

I'm going to try to fix the sound on the video :/ God I sound like a prepubescent teenager. lol

As for the AA sterilzer, it's not on anymore. I had to turn it on though to make sure it worked. Glad I did :)

Edited by MexiMike83

• Supporter

you sound fine!.. i make frequent talking videos and sound like a nervous 12 year old each time (either a 12 year old or a retired old hag, depending on the time of the day :rofl )

did you say that you took filter media from a cycled 10 gallon? if so, your cycle should soon or already be there.. have you tested?

Thanks DNA, I wonder how expensive pantyhose is.

I just put the tank together barely. I'll test it in a few days. Ugh, I refuse to pay for quick time pro to make the sound right. There's gotta be free software out there to fix this. But alas, I'm tired and need to make my bed so I can go to bed. :9

Edited by MexiMike83

So, I had to work four 12's at work and did not get a chance to test my water. However, I took it to Petsmart and had them test it. My ammonia is at 0.25 ppm, and my nitrate is just under 10 with no nitrite in the water. I'm thinking that my aquarium is ready for fish, (after a water change) what do you think?

Also, i just ordered two fish from rain garden and am super excited :)

Edited by MexiMike83

Looks good :)

The only things I would suggest is getting an extension tube (or possible two) for your AC so that it reaches closer to the bottom of the tank, and you may either need a larger pump for your bubble wall or a different bubble wall. I actually had that same one when I set up my tank and it did the same thing (bubbles only came out one half), so I bought the largest pump tetra makes and it still didn't work. Bought a long flexible bubble wand and it worked perfectly :)

Thanks Tithra! I'll get the extension when I get paid this Wednesday. And I think it might have been the bubble wall also. I feel like a kid that's going to disney land tomorrow, lol, this is great.

Steve said he'd hold the fish for me. I think I'm going to wait another week before I have him send them out here. It's only been a week, now granted I seeded the aquarium but does it really happen that fast??

Steve said he'd hold the fish for me. I think I'm going to wait another week before I have him send them out here. It's only been a week, now granted I seeded the aquarium but does it really happen that fast??

Yes, if you seed the filters with already cycled media, the cycle happens pretty fast. The only potential concern I would have is that with the fish food it is difficult to tell exactly how many ppm of ammonia you are adding to the tank, so you don't have a good sense of how much ammonia the cycle can handle and your new fish may potentially produce more ammonia than the fish food currently produces. So you may get a cycle bump when you add the fish. But this isn't really that big of a deal since you'll want to do extra water changes during QT anyway. Just keep a close eye on the parameters when you add the fish :)

Have you tested your tap for ammonia and nitrate? (always a good thing to know your tap ammonia/nitrite/nitrate/Ph)

Looking good so far! And don't worry about your voice. You sound fine. At least you don't sound like Arnold Schwarzenegger (who I recently got compared to :rofl ).

:yikes

OMG~~~that made me laugh out loud !!!..............PRICELESS :clapping: