Metro Meds

ehath

Can't help with the ingredients, but placing about half a teaspoon of regular table salt as far back as possible on your dog's tongue will most likely make him vomit. If that doesn't work, trickling a teaspoon of standard hydrogen peroxide into his mouth and forcing him to swallow is also known to make a dog vomit within a few minutes.

Edited by Oerba Yun Fang

Active ingredients: Metronidazole, Ormetoprim-sulfa and Oxytetracycline

That is the active ingredients. I would assume the rest would be fish meal etc. which would be fine for your dog. Metronidazole is used to treat parasites and infections in dogs and humans so that will be fine as well. Obviously your dog should not be having meds for nothing but it was an accident. I have no idea about the others

I also don't think that this is harmful. Only a small part of the food volume is actual antibiotics, and a one time large dose should not hurt the dog. Maybe make him feel sick and give him the runs for a day, but that's all I would suspect. :)

Active ingredients: Metronidazole, Ormetoprim-sulfa and Oxytetracycline

That is the active ingredients. I would assume the rest would be fish meal etc. which would be fine for your dog. Metronidazole is used to treat parasites and infections in dogs and humans so that will be fine as well. Obviously your dog should not be having meds for nothing but it was an accident. I have no idea about the others

Yup. Those are the ingredients. Perhaps you could call the vet to at least get their opinion on what to do? I don't think induced vomiting is necessary, especially since by now the antibiotics will have been absorbed into the bloodstream.

The meds are all approximately 1% of the weight of the food.

Edited by dnalex

• Supporter

ehath, if you go to the goldfish connection site, there is a number available there, you can ask your vet to call them and for medical purposes, they will need to comply with the information.

(then you can tell us so that we can make it :rofl :rofl ) jokes.. LOL

Thank you! The vet said there was no way to be sure since they don't have the exact numbers. They THINK he'll just have an upset stomach. He's a lab and about 68 pounds.

I only gave the fish one dose of the medicine. Hopefully more will be here by Saturday. Is there any medicine I can buy at PetSmart or Petco until they get here?

Poor dog is probably going to feel sick. And your poor pocketbook having to buy more meds. I would wait and re-start the metromeds when they arrive. That is better than starting something else you will have to continue.