Dropsy?

ehath

• Supporter

Not to not sound not optimistic - the only time I have seen a really successful cure of dropsy/raised scales really be cured (aka not returning/relapsing) is when the raised scales is only on a portion of the body... much like your case. When it's the entire body, it can be cured, but it's a matter of time for a relapse and normally relapses can be fatal

However! I think you def have the upper hand since you are catching this early - it's only the belly , and if you follow all the advice above you will have a higher success rate. I wonder how your fish is doing now? I do hope he is better!!!

Speaking of "he", we sure it's a boy? I wonder how the vent is looking since there are raised scales along the belly. Just a shot in the dark.

snag dropsied, relapsed twice in 2 months since the dropsy.. there have been 11 months that she's been dropsy free.

snag31052011-pineconei.jpg

Oh no! How wonderful he is still alive! Looks like you caught it early from the picture, scales arn't full blown upright. So happy he is still going strong!!!! Such a pretty fish.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about not responding earlier. I need to figure out how to get updates emailed to me. Anyway, HE'S/SHE'S GREAT! I'm so happy! He's been in the 10 gallon all alone and I think he's grown. I'm not sure but he seems bigger than the other ones in the big tank. I wonder if I fed him to much of the Metro Meds and he grew. Either way, he seems healthy. The scales went back to normal soon after starting the meds. He also started swimming a lot more. Thanks so much to everyone!