Sign in to follow this  
dakotak

Bubble eyes and ryukins?

I have heard conflicting things about ryukins being aggressive. So before I add anymore fish to

my 110 I thought it would be useful to run what goldies im getting by

you guys and see if it all checks out and will be ok.

Crowned Pearlscale

Bubble-eye

Veil Tail

Red cap Oranda

Lionhead

Panda Moor

Ryukin

Panda Oranda

I already have the lionhead and red cap.

I think all from the above list could co-exist, with the exception of the bubble-eye, who may need special care so that his bubble doesn't burst and that he gets food in the midst of all those who are not visually challenged.

Although not common, any type of goldfish can be aggressive and ryukins no more than any other types.

Im making my tank safe for him and Im prepared to take the time to make sure

he gets enough food I just needed to make sure they where all fine.

:)

Thanks for the answer. I'll be sure to keep an eye on him.

I agree with alex, they should all be able to get along. I have also heard that Ryukins can be a little aggressive, but it is not to a point of 'hey, lets battle to the death' Generally you can find that they may chase a little or in fact just be a little pushy with meals. I personally have never heard nor seen aggressive Ryukins, so it really is just a matter of what fish you get, and how it feels behaving- just like some people can have baad tempers :P

congrats on your fish though!

Edited by Narny105

my ryukin's not aggressive at all, if anything, he's probably the most docile. I think it really depends on the individual rather than the breed, same as with dogs. so I agree with Alex, I think the only thing you'd need to watch out for in that list is that the bubble eye doesn't burst its bubbles/gets enough to eat. :)

I personally wouldn't keep bubble eyes with any other fish. I love them, but they are so delicate. You really need to cover your filters for them and with all of the other fish (and the tank getting mucky) it is much better to keep them on their own.

I wanna at least try it. If I start seeing problems I have a back up 30 gallon long and I'll put my smaller filter(rated for 60 gallons,gph 330 and its already on my 110 so its got good bacteria in it) in it and add water from my 110 to it.

contrary to what above have said.... i myself had one EXTREMELY aggressive "mean" ryukin who pretty much killed two other ryukins... they were a bit smaller and he chewed off their tails... chased them around the tank and just bullied them.. they both eventually stressed out and died from stress related diseases. i ended up putting him in another tank with bigger fish.. and at first he still bullied them and not one fish ever wanted to be around him.. but things eventually cooled down and my calico oranda put him in his place and started chasing him LOL! everything is fine now but i do believe that ryukins use to speed and size to there advantage..