Sign in to follow this  
ninzah

My New Baby

He has a small rip in his tail :( and also two pin sized holes, eeks. Could this be caused by his current playing? Maybe ripped on the gravel?

Readings are 0/0/5 and pH 7.6

Tonight he's doing lengths across the back of the tank. I think he's in training for something but I've no idea what!!

haha mine keeps doing that too, until he spots a shrimp... maybe he's patrolling?!

Went to the LFS today where we got our Betta from (new shipment of very cute goldies, didn't have my camera with me). Anyway. It's one of our better LFS. The attendant asked me what I fed our Pebbles. So far we've only fed him the Betta pellets. She said to maybe feed him more of a variety of things and make sure he gets fed enough (we only feed him in the evening - 5 pellets) and this might curb his assertive behaviour. That was a bit of an eye opener. I've been so careful not to overfeed that maybe I'm underfeeding - poor baby :-)

Of to work, but tonight I'll do some research on Betta feeding.

He's been doing a little too much playing with the filter current. He seems to enjoy (I'm assuming he likes this as he does it repetitively) swimming into the filters output and being thrown about. The result is a shredded top fin (it looks like 3 seperate ones!) urgh :(

I don't know if he is happy

He either enjoys this activity or is suicidal/disturbed :(