Sign in to follow this  
ninzah

My New Baby

As yet unnamed.

Hoping he can learn to navigate the current. Planning on getting more plants tomorrow after work. Shop I got him from didn't have any plants I liked the look of.

4eb05faf.jpg

03b0702d.jpg

a915498d.jpg

Ooh! Beautiful! :Congrats:

I bet he loves his new home!

Aw congratulations. He's beautiful.

He is so pretty :) Congratulations.

he's beautiful! yay for finally being able to get your betta!

Thanks guys :)

So happy to finally have him. Love the colour and am hoping he has a personality to match, lol! We thought at first there were only red ones, then saw a dark purple one, then spotted him in a further away tank flaring at his neighbour, that was the instant we knew he would be coming home with us!

Have currently got half the tank covered by a towel so he can explore his new home in peace. I'm hoping he'll soon work out which parts of the tank have current and which are calmer. He has been having a good poke about and last time I peeked in at him he was chilling out behind a moss ball :)

He's a beauty!

After I got my betta, he would purposefully swim into the current until he was exhausted and pressed to the sand. Then he would swim to the side and rest. He did that for days, and now he swims through the current with no issues. I think a lot of people would have seen that and thought it was too much, but I'm sure that he was able to get out of it and was doing it on purpose. He is a young guy -- he was trying to bulk up. ;)

Good luck with your handsome guy.

Very pretty!

I think I may have been lucky and found a Betta who actually likes the current. :D He seems to have spent a fair bit of the day swimming about in the current area.

Picked up 6 plants after work today so he now has alot more places to hide and it might help brak up the current a little.

I think they're a little weak and not used to swimming hard when they spend so much time in those little cups. My two took a while to get strong. :) He is gorgeous and I'm SO HAPPY for you that you finally have a fishy in that tank!

I am so excited to have him. I even phoned home today to check on him, lol!

Yeah, luckily he wasn't kept in a small container, they each had a sectioned off part of a large but shallow hexagon tank (designed for selling plants). I'd say about 5 gals per section so plenty water, but no movement at all.

He's currently checking out the new plants and poking them all with his nose, hahaha, such a funny wee fellow :D

Just fed him bloodworms, wow he is fast at swimming!

Clearly no sense of smell but exceedingly sharp eyesight and lightening fast moves :D

Yay! Yeah, my betta Phineas I mostly feed him floating pellets. If he doesn't SEE my hand moving up to the top of the tank, he has no idea there's food up there. But I have him trained pretty good now, I'll move my hand upwards in his line of sight and he gets all excited and goes to the top to get his noms. :D

:D

5d9e1a77.jpg

Bit more hiding places now the plants are in. Though might switch sides; thought the elodea would buffer the current better than the long stemed one but he seems to like clambering into it so might be better in the calm side if the tank, not that he seems too bothered.

Oh my goodness, he IS tiny!

Really? They were all about the same size, with the exception of one who was much chunkier. Do you think he's quite young then? I'll need to be extra careful I don't over feed him. So odd to be feeding 3 or so individual worms instead of a whole block, lol!

Aww, he's gorgeous. Are his long pectoral fins red? If they are then he and our Pebbles must be related :0

I love their grumpy little faces. They are so small with an attitude as big as a house. When I was cleaning his tank when we first got him, he was swimming around my hand and all of a sudden he bit me. I told my daughter to keep her hand out of the water when cleaning the tank and so another time he jumped above the water and bit her - very determined to protect his little corner of the world. We now keep an eye on him at all time when cleaning :0

Yikes, he better keep his teeth to himself when I'm cleaning his tank, no biting allowed in this house! ;)

No, they aren't red but a dark blue with white tips.

He still doesn't have a name, since bf and I can't agree! There are a number of names being considered including Blue, Midnight and Mr Betta....

It didn't hurt, it actually didn't feel like teeth :-)

I like Midnight or maybe Jethro, Angus, Odin, Jude, Darcy :-)

It didn't hurt, it actually didn't feel like teeth :-)

I like Midnight or maybe Jethro, Angus, Odin, Jude, Darcy :-)

Jethro makes me think NCIS ;) Hee Hee!

He still doesn't have a name, since bf and I can't agree! There are a number of names being considered including Blue, Midnight and Mr Betta....

How about Mr. Blue?

The person who does the tank maintenance should get the deciding vote. ;)

How about Mr. Blue?

The person who does the tank maintenance should get the deciding vote. ;)

That would be me, wouldn't trust Danny to actually do anything practical! He doesn't get to do water changes (although he sometimes gets to help with the big tank) and he isn't allowed to feed either!

Here he is doing his 'meh tank ain't big enough' dance, lol.

http://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g333/ninzah/b1ad6dd1.mp4