New Additions Since last login

cgochanour

Sorry havent been very active. My first child was born 1/29/2012 at 3:39am so last few weeks have been a handful.

But anywyas I recently purchased a Lionhead, an Oranda with butterfly tail, and a Telescope eye with butterfly tail.

Thought I'd show them off. Pics arent the best but good enough. As you can tell to their is 9 cardinal tetras and 5 white

cloud minnows in there also, but only because the 20gal tanks filter went down and was my only option. Until it can be

replaced.

CIMG1157.jpg

CIMG1144.jpg

CIMG1135.jpg

CIMG1134.jpg

These fish are so beautiful! The little telescope is so darn cute :)

That also is a really interesting shaped tank you have there. I think the close up photos make it look much smaller than it really is.

The thing that I wonder about is the driftwood. Is it making the tank water this tan? Makes me worry about the pH.

It is a 44gallon. All my water peramiteres are right on. I think the driftwood does make the

water slightly tan, but not nearly as bad in person as the pictures. Also I bought a new 75

gallon tank today hoping to move my goldies over before they get to big. Right now they

have plenty of room and I stay on my water changes to keep everything safe as possible.

CIMG1160.jpg

Stand Is still underconstruction. Just couldn't see spending $250 for the flimsy stand the LFS had.

When what I have so far cost me $26 and will only be another $25 for a sheet of plywood.

Here some more of current tank a little further out and from the top.

CIMG1159.jpg

CIMG1166.jpg

Congratulations on all your new babies! They fish are cute. I agree it is so much better and cheaper to build your own stands, the pet stores are flimsy and expensive. We picked up some old stereo cabinets from the 60's-70's that work great with a little work. You can usually find them very cheap and solidly made.