Sign in to follow this  
monkeyzero

New plants and fishies :D

Hello :)

I know I am going to get killed, but I have 5 goldies in my 55 gal I know I know, bad. But I couldn't leave the last little oranda in the tank! I felt bad! But I did add plants(and will add more) and another filter(the Whisper was given to a friend who acquired a 10 gal with a some trops. But I am doing water changes frequently and my params are pretty good! :) Today, I got more anacharis and the anubias on a rock. 3 petstores, and there was only ONE anacharis at PetSmart! The anubias was on clearance from $12 to $5

I did a water change, turned to talk to my mom for a minute and one of the larger orandas was in the vaccuum! I freaked and got it out, but he's been slow moving and "quiet"(its usually the most active) all day.

The vase was from Bed Bath and Beyond. It's a shell, but I dont think you can really tell in the video. There are 3 fake plants in there as well :P Any who...

Here are my goldies and plants

3 orandas and 2 ryukins. :)

th_IMG_2382.jpg

Edited by Monkeyzero

Beautiful fish :)

Considering their size, I think they are OK in the 55 for now, although you must pay attention to your water parameters and schedule large weekly WCs accordingly. Also, just making sure you see it, in case there are issues - I noticed a couple of the fish clamping fins. Check your parameters and also if you have not treated for flukes, now is a good time! :)

Is that a 55 hex?

I have salted them and I'm getting my Prazi tomorrow. :) 2 of the gold orandas and the Ryukin for about 5 days now. Today was the first them they clamped a little after their WC. :(

And yes, its a 55 hex

I definitely will be getting a larger tank soon :) Hopefully during the summer time when I start my summer job in the mall :)

I think the hex is cool.

So many people are against them, I understand why, but I don't always think it is a bad thing if done right and with the right fish and...

with the right ammount of fish....

So it's good you will upgrade soon. ;)

Good luck with your fish-babies!

I had a 55 hex for a while and loved the look of it, but it was a royal pain to clean. I still miss the way it looked though. I agree with Alex. As long as you keep an eye on your params and keep up with your water changes (and are willing to upgrade if they get huge) you should be just fine. Pretty fish!

The video format and hex tank really screwed with my mind just now :rofl

Your fish are gorgeous, the newbie fits right in! I like the tank, and additional live plants will surely be beneficial. Considered your tank is tall, I wonder what a small anacharis jungle would look like - if your fish don't eat them. Since the anacharis grow very fast and very tall if there is enough tank height, this could look really cool :)

can people with i phones not turn the phone for a better format?? otherwise nice looking tank from what i could make out ;) lol

Sorry about that. My iPhone camera is dumb and sometimes it records in the same way whether I have it upright or to the side. :/

The hex is a royal pain indeed, but I really like it. It fits in our home perfectly! After some rearranging, we will probably end up buying a 100 gal or even a 125 gal. Probably something taller than long. But we will see what options fit. :P

Thanks!

Thanks! Yes, it's very blue indeed :)

Quick question - What will the minimum tank size be for when these guys are full grown? Would 100-150 suffice?

Edited by Monkeyzero

can people with i phones not turn the phone for a better format?? otherwise nice looking tank from what i could make out ;) lol

I know, right? I always wonder "is it so much work to just grab the regular camera?" LOL