Welcome Shane!

Orandafish

Since my blue oranda has turned almost completely white, I went on the search for another blue boy. I found this young 7-8 inch male. He's got several large chocolate spots that I expect will turn orange once his blue fades to white. He was recently out of qt and added to my 125 gallon tank. I named him Shane, after the young man who works at the lfs. Shane is definately male. He's rather fond of my pom pom fantail.

P1290205.jpg

Nice fish!!! I love that you named him after someone at the lfs! Did you tell him that?

No, I didn't tell him. I'm old enough to be his mother and I don't want him to think I'm smitten with him or something. After 35 years of keeping fish and dogs (lots of foster dogs), i've run out of names. The fish's short wen reminded me of Shane's short, curly hair.

Nice fish!!! I love that you named him after someone at the lfs! Did you tell him that?

No, I didn't tell him. I'm old enough to be his mother and I don't want him to think I'm smitten with him or something. After 35 years of keeping fish and dogs (lots of foster dogs), i've run out of names. The fish's short wen reminded me of Shane's short, curly hair.

:) :) :)