Sign in to follow this  
miss_mystra

A very long story about 2 orandas...

hun, if he makes it through this, which we are all hoping he does.. then we just have to try other options. koko mentioned to me that there are other products that API sell which are nitrate absorbers and can be added to the filter or substrate. i will find the link and post it here for you.

dnalex posted an informative thread on what containers are suitable also..

i have had to remove your link posted above, we don't post links from other forums to here :)

hun, if he makes it through this, which we are all hoping he does.. then we just have to try other options. koko mentioned to me that there are other products that API sell which are nitrate absorbers and can be added to the filter or substrate. i will find the link and post it here for you.

dnalex posted an informative thread on what containers are suitable also..

i have had to remove your link posted above, we don't post links from other forums to here :)

ooops sorry, my bad. thanks :)

it's ok.. you weren't to know :)

i am still waiting on alex to PM me the link to the tubs we know are fish safe :) will post back the moment i hear from him.

it's ok.. you weren't to know :)

i am still waiting on alex to PM me the link to the tubs we know are fish safe :) will post back the moment i hear from him.

thanks :) i've just been looking for tubs the right size while i was out looking for chlorophyll and there seems to be some sort of shortage of plastic bins that are big enough aargh

Been all over looking for chlorophyll too, can't find any , tried herbalists and the pharmacists. Looks like will have to order it online and hope he lasts long enough

:(

Edited by miss_mystra

fingers crossed you find both. i am yet to hear from alex.. hopefully soon :)

fingers crossed you find both. i am yet to hear from alex.. hopefully soon :)

thanks :) just trawling through sites trying to find some chlorophyll in the UK, a lot of them are triple strength and have loads of stuff added to them, so hard find the right thing :( and half the websites look a bit dubious - i buy everything online normally but these are some really dodgy sites lol

hun.. i have just skyped with member "devilduck" she's in the UK also.. she helped by doing an online search in the UK and here is one that claims to be pure, i hope this helps:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100-Pure-Liquid-Chlorophyll-16-oz-Liquid-Antioxidant-Bad-Breath-Treats-/270893056991?pt=UK_Health_Beauty_Vitamins_Supplements&hash=item3f127c03df

she also mentions that you should feed your fish as much gelfood made from spinach as possible. she recommends gelfood rather than blanched spinach as it stands a better chance of being digested easier once blended.

hun.. i have just skyped with member "devilduck" she's in the UK also.. she helped by doing an online search in the UK and here is one that claims to be pure, i hope this helps:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3f127c03df

she also mentions that you should feed your fish as much gelfood made from spinach as possible. she recommends gelfood rather than blanched spinach as it stands a better chance of being digested easier once blended.

oh thank you so much!!!

but as for the food - he doesn't want to eat and shows no interest in any food at all... he was never a spinach fan when healthy :s would i have to syringe feed it him, he found that so stressful :(

did he manage to eat at all?

member Mr.B helped me to find the information i was waiting on Alex to Pm me about.. here is the link :)

http://www.kokosgold...++storage++tubs

no he didn't touch anything - this is not normal for any goldfish especially my Pedro - he used to really eyeball us when we're eating our own food when he was well! the food was literally landing next to his mouth and on his head and he barely looked at it :( he may have swallowed some of the pea mix when syringing but not a lot, most of it seemed to be spat out. this is when i think i should be just letting him go. i miss the fishie in my avatar pic, full of attitude and a little big nightmare, he didn't deserve this :( i sometimes just wish he would go and join Precious, and then i feel so mean when hes there hanging on forever.

thanks for the link too, this will help me lots :)

aaww sweetie.. it's so hard :( i know exactly what you mean :( it's horrible to watch them when they're at their worst.. you do and don't want to let go. you can try to syringe feed him more often if you like, it's an experience for both of you and if he's not ready to let go, this could be the strength he needs to make it to the next step. the fact that he is not C shape is a good sign that he's not letting go yet..

but i want you to understand. if you want to call it a day for him, no-one here will judge you badly for doing so. naturally, we'd like to keep trying, but it's upto you to determine what you think is best and we will support you no matter what.

He's at peace now, i decided to call it a day for his sake. He was swelling like a balloon, was dropping scales and just looked to be in pain and distress. In a sad way, it was nice.

Sorry we couldn't try out the chamber method, to see if it would help others, i just looked at him this morning and knew.

If my pictures, this thread etc etc, are of any use to any of you, and you wish to use them for an article Koko feel free. If Pedro's story can be of any use and help other fish in trouble, then at least it wasn't for nothing.

Thank you very much everyone, whether for kindness and support, or for assistance as good as any vet, you've all been amazing people, and i cannot thank you enough. xx

I'm so sorry. RIP Pedro :(

Im sorry hun, sometimes thats that best thing.... May he rest in peace :)

I am very very sorry for Pedro. May he Rest In Peace. May your heart be healed soon. :(

I'm so sorry for your loss :(

Oh, so sorry to hear that :(

I read through this entire thread just now and I am so sorry. :( RIP both Precious and Pedro.

So very sorry to read this. You did all you could!

RIP Precious and Pedro.