Caldwell and Febber had their first slice of orange.

Sharkbait3

• 4 weeks later...
Silly question, but would the acidity of the orange be uncomfortable for them?

You can feed limes and lemons too :) I don't think they would eat it if it made them uncomfortable but I suppose there's no way to know for sure. They do seem to love citrus fruits though!

Be careful with lots of vitamin C or your black fishie will not be black much longer. :)

But yay them for getting it on the first try! Mine usually don't recognize food as food until I try a few times. They're shpeshul.

Mine love oranges! I cut a slice, remove any seeds, and hang it on the veggie clip, rind and all. They eat all of it except the white parts between the sections. What's left looks like a wagon wheel!

They adore oranges.

I fed my goldfish some orange the other day. They ate it, but I don't think they liked it as much as they like eating peas. I found the orange just made the tank water cloudy.

I feed mine citrus all the time. Right now our Navel orange tree is full of oranges, so instead of giving them a slice, I'm quarting and giving them an entire quarter. It's like a shark attack........that lasts 3-4hrs. They eat it right down to the white part that's so rich in bioflavanoids.

If you want to have fun, try lemons, and then try limes. They actually make faces as they eat it. Mine love limes more than any other fruit.

Try minced garlic from the little jars that you can get at the grocery store. They love that too.

Don't forget Avocado!

Edited by austinado16