Pacer and Pushy.

Aluyasha

As some of you know I rescued a comet from a neglectful home about a week ago. I named him Pacer.

Well today a neighbor at my apartment complex and I were talking about him and they told me that they had a goldfish that they were going to flush because they were moving and wanted the tank but not the fish. Needless to say I agreed to take it.

She is a common brown female slightly smaller than Pacer. I do not know her age.

It was love at first sight with these two. As far as I know Pacer has without another goldfish friend his whole life, he is sticking to her like glue. lol

Here are some pictures of them together:

DSCF3934.jpg

DSCF3937.jpg

DSCF3940.jpg

DSCF3942.jpg

Pushy:

DSCF3938.jpg

Pacer:

DSCF3927.jpg

Oh,how wonderful of you to rescue them both!!! :bounce I cannot even begin to imagine how a person thinks that thinks it's ok to flush a living creature :yikes:SmackBottom: I hope you 3 are very happy together :heart

Pacer has a girlfriend! (hopefully :D)

They look so good together! I wonder how old Pushy is. How big are they? She doesn't look very juvie, body shape wise, but she seems to have fry green as coloration - or are my eyes playing tricks on me? I know some fish will keep that color for quite a while, but it is rather uncommon. I personally love it :)

Pacer has a girlfriend! (hopefully :D)

They look so good together! I wonder how old Pushy is. How big are they? She doesn't look very juvie, body shape wise, but she seems to have fry green as coloration - or are my eyes playing tricks on me? I know some fish will keep that color for quite a while, but it is rather uncommon. I personally love it :)

She is very close to Pacer's size, about 5-6 inches. I thought the color was weird for her to have at her size. She is so shiney bronze that when Pacer swims up to her orange reflects off of her. :)

Not only is she a "wild" kind of color, but she is shaped funny too. She looks like she came from a lake.

I have heard that sometimes people breed goldfish with Crucian Carp to make hybrids. She kind of looks like them. How possible would it be for her to be a hybrid?

The shape is not so strange at all. When you look at Hibuna goldifsh (the japanese name for the common goldfish) you will see that they often look very similar in body shape, like for example this one on Raingarden Goldfish http://www.raingarden.us/7854a.JPG :)

• 2 weeks later...

What an itsybitsy precious baby :D Absolutely love him and that is a keep for ever pic (one for his grandkids) ;):P

Your rescues make a beautiful pair and were lucky to have found a great home :)