Sign in to follow this  
Pontosfan

Strange goldfish.

Found this vid on youtube. What kind of goldie is it? It's hump would suggest a Ryukin, but it's body is way to long for that, more like a common.

Looks like a common goldfish with a possible trace of wild or common carp in it, that could explain the broad shoulders and hump.

I think theyre called Pua and according to raingarden that means 'pig' they sometimes appear in the oddball/other list on their site.

Its a common. The owner states that somewhere in another video.

Yeah, but it can't be just a common; you just have to look at it. Unless it's been given steroids. Maybe that could account for its bulky appearence.

There's a big pond around here that has some really fat, well fed commons in it and they look like that.

I always thought commons that look like that were just older and over-fed. :rofl:)

I always thought commons that look like that were just older and over-fed.

Yup yup. I always thought that as well lol

I think it's just down to the genes of the goldfish, somewhere along the line that fish is related to a higher-humped fish and/or a broad shouldered fish, pretty sure it's just a common though as there are loads of similar shaped fish sold in my LFS that are sold as 'commons'.

Wow - that's the biggest goldfish I've seen. It's huge! I think I can even hear it breathing (though that could be the person behind the camera).

I think it might be a common as well.