Sign in to follow this  
musterbeard

Buffy Stays On The Bottom But Eats?

Last but not least, do you have any kind of aeration for the fish? A small water volume like this will run out of oxygen very quickly, so you will need lots of surface agitation to oxygenate the water :)

I have an electric air pump.

I see you have photos holding fishes. Isn't it dangerous to hold them out of water? They need oxygen.

You can qucikly hold a fish out of water to snap a photo. It's about the equivilant of us quicking going under water. But you need to be careful to make sure your hands are wet so you don't damage their delicate slime coat.

I've merged this topic with your previous as the issues you are seeing are all related.

It's really crucial that you test your water, as has already been stated, and that you get a larger tank.

May i know why i cannot subscribe to my topics or track my content through Control Panel?

This may have something to do with your permission level http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/forum/index.php?/topic/94336-user-permission-levels-new-to-the-form/

Or it could be that when I merged the threads their links changed, try again and see what happens.

As for the bottom sitting, I really think it is due to water condiditons. Have you found a test kit yet?

Last but not least, do you have any kind of aeration for the fish? A small water volume like this will run out of oxygen very quickly, so you will need lots of surface agitation to oxygenate the water :)

I have an electric air pump.

I see you have photos holding fishes. Isn't it dangerous to hold them out of water? They need oxygen.

I've merged this topic with your previous as the issues you are seeing are all related.

It's really crucial that you test your water, as has already been stated, and that you get a larger tank.

May i know why i cannot subscribe to my topics or track my content through Control Panel?

I think the piccies you mean are ones where Fang is kind of 'cupping' the fish under the water surface.

If you want notified of replies to your post then click the button at the top right, above the original post which says follow this topic. I think there is some issue with the control panel functions due to a server change over.