Sign in to follow this  
nicholastiwari@yahoo.com

Foggy water

Hey guys:

About 4 weeks ago I was doing a water change and I noticed how low the ammonia levels, nitrite levels and nitrate levels were, and how little poo was at the bottom when I vacuumed. So, I decided to switch the fishes water changes to every 2 weeks (bad idea, I know). But then, I started feeding them this new food. By the next water change, the aquapigs had literally soiled their tank. I blew threw several vacuum batteries trying to get out all of the dirt, but the water was still foggy. Anybody have any suggestions? I cant use water clarifier because last time that happened we had a near-death experience. The new food is mazuri gel food. Oh by the way the tank has been cycled for about a month now

Edited by nicholastiwari

I need more information please.

Size of the tank.

How many fish in the tank and there size.

The kind of filter. and its GPH

Also what is the exact number of..

Ammonia

Nitrites

Nitrates

Ph

KH

This will help me figure out where abouts your cycle is :)

I know the filter is an aqua clear 70 and the ammonia is <0.02 ppm, nitrites are 0 ppm and nitrates are around 5 ppm. pH is 5.8 ( I know it's low but I don't know what acid can be used to bring it up). All I know about hardness is that it has always been a bit soft, at least last time I checked hardness.

Edited by nicholastiwari

Ok theres our key problem the PH and KH.

you can either get Buff it up from Goldfishconnection.com or see if you can find SeaChem's Goldbuffer.

Also see if you can get about a cup of crushed coral and a netting bag to put it in, Rinse well and place in your filter :thumb:

If that Ph stays this low the cycle will never fully get there :(