Help on canister YAAPP

yaapp

Yo,

I am running an aquaclear 70 and 20 on a 29 gallon with 3 fanices.

I think I decided to go on with something stronger (unless there's a good reason not to)

Looking at either a Eheim or Fluval but the problem is, not sure which. I know it's suppose to be 10x filtration but canister numbers are a bit weird for me.

Thank in advance

YAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I think that would be cool, just have to buy the spray bar kit.

I saw Kulukan's FX5's Outtake, gotta stay away from that thing

YAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

YAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Two teles and a little lionchu thing

Which of the Eheim would you suggest, I was thinking 2215 or 2217 but for some reason, they seem a bit...too much? Thost two or the Ecco Pros

I have used both fluval and eheim and they are both good canisters. Eheim are more expensive but i think that they are worth it in long run. Eheim also guarantee spare parts for all of the filters they make for up to 15 years. This includes filters they no longer make. No other big name brand offers that service. Rena XP's are better than Fluvals imo.

I am thinking I will be leaning towards the Eheim 2217.

One thing I am wondering is the transfer of media. Current in my Aquaclear 70, I am runnign with floss, a sponge, and bio rings.

Should I, transfer the media over to the canister OR run both the 70 and canister for a bit and let the bacteria devlop in canister, basically I don't want to ruin my cycle because the media pads for the Ehiem is a bit weird

The Ehfisubstrat media that comes with the Eheim is probably one of the best on the market. I would use that in the Eheim and run it with your AC70 if that's possible. I have a Pro 3 2080 and 2 Ecco Pro 300's. I wouldn't use any other brand of filter now :)

Ok cool, very last question, I know I said 2217, but for some reason I am jumping between 2217 and 2215

2215=164 gph

2217=264 gph

If what I am reading is true, I would be fine with 164 gph since it's a canister so it would need 5x filtration and not 10x. I am planning to get rid of the Aquaclear 70, so I am wondering if the 2215 will be fine in the long haul. Not sure if that made sense =/

I would get the 2217. Bigger means more room for BB's. You can also adjust the output as required. Bear in mind that you will only get about 60-70 % of the actual output once it's up and running, Eheims practically look after themselves :)

A little update, I got my canister but I decided that the spray bar was too small so I made my own

What do you think

1/2 inch PVC piping

edit: the paint is Krylon Fusion so don't worry about that part =p

IMG_0177.jpg

IMG_0178.jpg

Edited by yaapp