Some new pics

dogsbykat

Thanks :) They've been doing really well, definitely growing quickly :) The water has been super clear since switching from the HOB's to the box filters; and no more brown algae, but we've got some nice, rich green algae that I've been letting grow on the bottom trim of the tank. I see them snacking on it quite often :D

Thanks everybody :) The new filter system is very worry free, and cheap, lol, and they seem to loooove all of the extra bubbles! They seem more playful than before, less down time, more feed-me-dance :P We used these filters when I was a kid, too (last time I sat by a tank with this kind of filtration, I was probably watching Mr Dressup and Sesame Street, lmao).

Edited by BuggyBear

We used these filters when I was a kid, too (last time I sat by a tank with this kind of filtration, I was probably watching Mr Dressup and Sesame Street, lmao).

:rofl I was a little older. I remember cleaning it by plopping all the media into the garbage (floss and carbon, of course), then scrubbing the whole thing under hot water with a sponge :rolleyes:

Thanks for the compliments, guys :) The light bulbs for the plants really enhance everyone's color, though I'm still waiting for my black teles to start color changing, lol! Shellbell, I've gotten rid of my HOB's completely, our hard water clogged them too quickly no matter how much I scrubbed them. I have 5 of the box filters running on Tetra whispers, 100, 60 and 40. I want to upgrade the 40 to a 100 so I'll have a 6th output and I can add another box. Chrissy, I was lucky, I was always "too little" to care for the fish so my sister and mom always got the honors :P