Introducing My Wiggly Fish

Haha, oops. I had the "testing" section open and accidentally put that there. This is what I meant to post, since I am not allowed to edit my posts yet:

Here are pictures of my sweet, wiggly goldfish! I brought them home January 11th. They've grown since then, which is especially noticeable in their wens. If it is possible to sex goldfish this young by the "innie versus outie" method, I believe all three are female.

1-30-2012009.jpg

30 gallon tank, with thin gravel, some river rocks, and two big rocks the fish sleep between. When they get a little bigger, I'm looking forward to buying a much bigger tank for them, and perhaps eventually keeping 2 celestials in here.

1-30-2012007.jpg

Simone and Woland.

1-30-2012012.jpg

Woland and Bernadette. Bernadette has frilly nostrils. I took about 20 pictures of her trying to capture this feature, but she's really good at being blurry.

1-30-2012010.jpg

Woland showing off and Simone playing with gravel in the background. Woland has only part of her right caudal fin, and her right anal fin is smaller than the left. I somehow didn't notice this until the LPS clerk was putting her in a bag for me. The clerk talked about this like it was a horrible, horrible defect, like she would've put this fish down had she noticed it before. >:( While it's true that Woland sleeps vertically upside down and occasionally floats downwards while resting (which I am working on, see D&D forum), she is a heartmeltingly friendly, seemingly very happy goldfish.

I somehow didn't notice this until the LPS clerk was putting her in a bag for me. The clerk talked about this like it was a horrible, horrible defect, like she would've put this fish down had she noticed it before. > While it's true that Woland sleeps vertically upside down and occasionally floats downwards while resting (which I am working on, see D&D forum), she is a heartmeltingly friendly, seemingly very happy goldfish.

I love one of my LPS they have a policy with their goldfish, "as long as it swims and competes for foods we won't put it down" I found about this when I saw a goldfish who spent most of it's time at the bottom and I mentioned it was sick and they informed me that when they received the fish it was missing one of it's fins and simply was hiding from some mean goldies. He still would eat and compete and I almost wanted the gimpy lol, but the fish I wanted in my tank would be good swimmers rather than things like celestials.

He still would eat and compete and I almost wanted the gimpy lol, but the fish I wanted in my tank would be good swimmers rather than things like celestials.

Hey now! My celestials are good swimmers! They just don't know where the heck they are going!!! :rofl :rofl

Back to topic: Simone, Woland and Bernadette are adorable tiny wiggly nuggets! I :heart them. I hope they grow big for you in that nice tank. :)

Thanks for your kind comments! Woland's other eye is a normal eye that looks sort of bluish against her bright orange; it's very pretty. I will try to capture this in a picture.