Bottom sitting, swollen near anus, etc....dying :(

Also, whatever this turns out to be, is this my fault? How can I possibly prevent this in the future?

I don't see how this could be your fault, unless you are carrying goldfish worms :rofl

:tomuch: Alex is right, no one can really be sure where they pick up the worms, they just do. How long have you had them?

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm no braggart, but I've been around the block... :krazy:

I've had Bernie for 13 months, Gabby for 9.

So Dnalex...your name is Alex....holy crap I just realized it's in your username. MINE TOO! OMG. Lol. Anyway, I'll pick up the remaining medication this week, and Alex, I believe I owe you one on the house man. You've done a lot for me.

Haha! You do not owe me anything. I participate on the forum, because I like to exchange ideas with like-minded individuals who care about their fish, and to learn from them.

Having said that, I do want one or two bottles, depending on who else wants them, but I will only take them if I can pay you for the bottle and the shipping!

You are hurting my pride haha. We'll talk when I get them.

Haha! You should be very proud for finding the stash and agreeing to help people get them! It's a very rare commodity these days lol

Alex is the man! He has had his hand in saving countless fish on this forum :)

It's really team-work on the forum, and that's what's amazing about it! :)

Also, whatever this turns out to be, is this my fault? How can I possibly prevent this in the future?

I don't see how this could be your fault, unless you are carrying goldfish worms :rofl

I shudder to think how he would have possibly passed them to his fish! :lol

Thanks for all the support, but unfortunately I'm still at risk for a heart attack haha.

So I separated them and fed them again this morning. Gabby got down 9 pellets. Now...I MAY be seeing things, but I could swear the protrusion has gone down, and my mom thought the same. But it could be my imagination. She's not different in terms of behavior, still chillin' at the bottom pretty exclusively.

Just got home, she's still lying around a ton, wondering if the meds are tiring her out. Anyway, here's the best shot I could get of the lump, she doesn't move around very much so it's hard to get an underneath shot like I'd like, I'll keep working on it.

HPIM2855.jpg

It looks smaller today to me. If she is eating that is always a good thing. I start getting real concerned when they stop that. If they dont leave the bottom even to eat its usually real bad. I vote keep doing what you are doing and do large daily water changes. On a side note i got to digging around in the fish cabinet and found a full bottle of Jungle AP! Good day me :carrot:

Johnny, I'm thinking a breeder's net box might be useful here. You can place her in it so that she isn't directly on the gravel floor, which should help minimize the chance of infections and sores.

Johnny, I'm thinking a breeder's net box might be useful here. You can place her in it so that she isn't directly on the gravel floor, which should help minimize the chance of infections and sores.

Great idea! I agree.

Oh, also, does the medicated food tire her out? She's still super mopey and having a hard time getting up, and it freaks me out. Still weird that her dorsal is usually 50% erect or more. Guess she still has some fight in her, just praying this stuff is doing something.

Edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot

No the food doesnt tire her. It's whatever parasite she has that likely is.

Well that's disheartening. Thanks. I know it's only been 24 hours, just curious as to how this cycle works. If it's parasites, when would they start dying and when should improvement start? I feel so bad for her.

The treatment is going to take a few days. Just like people you cant take a miracle pill after a huge infection and turn around and run a marathon. These things take a bit of time. I know its hard to wait but that is all you can really do. The medicated food and water changes are the 2 best things you can do for your fish right now.

The treatment is going to take a few days. Just like people you cant take a miracle pill after a huge infection and turn around and run a marathon. These things take a bit of time. I know its hard to wait but that is all you can really do. The medicated food and water changes are the 2 best things you can do for your fish right now.

I don't expect a miracle lol, just wondering what the actual process is, and what I should keep a look out for just in case this isn't the proper remedy for the situation.

Johnny, you're getting excellent support. Give it a couple more days, and hopefully things will pick up drastically.

Sometimes the best sign one can hope for at early stages of treatment is that things don't get worse. I think we are seeing better than that. :)

Johnny, you're getting excellent support. Give it a couple more days, and hopefully things will pick up drastically.

Sometimes the best sign one can hope for at early stages of treatment is that things don't get worse. I think we are seeing better than that. :)

Oh I am well aware of the great support! :D Just curious as to what I should be on the lookout for and when to expect it.

It really seems like the lump has gone down, just hoping her physical condition soon follows the upward trend.