Bottom sitting, swollen near anus, etc....dying :(

sorry y'all I thought the protrustion out the pictured fishes butt was what was similar between the 2 fish. If the fish is passing poo that is a good sign if it is just constipation. Hang in there! I know waiting is rough.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry y'all I thought the protrustion out the pictured fishes butt was what was similar between the 2 fish. If the fish is passing poo that is a good sign if it is just constipation. Hang in there! I know waiting is rough.

No, you're right, they are similar, but I believe the fish in that particular thread was also constipated. I read through the whole thread and remember the result being constipation. Did I miss something? Why do you think it's a parasite exactly?

Edited by JohnnyOnTheSpot

No I understand, I apologize if I'm coming off as confrontational, just trying to pour out as much info as humanly possible. I'm genuinely not trying to be at all, but I realize it could be. So let this stand as a disclaimer that I'm 100% open to everything, but if something is brought up I will try to give as much info on the topic as I can. But I can totally be told otherwise and would be just as happy. :)

Dnalex, would the Prazi have eradicated those? I think it's a very plausible route, just still leaning towards constipation. I don't have those but I can order them. I assume my LFS would be severely unlikely to have them?

I don't think you are being confrontational, and it's good always to ask questions.

Prazi and other anti-parasites when consumed will get rid of internal issues, but not when added to the water. The absorption into the tissues will be inadequate.

Metro-Meds & Jumpstart are exclusive products of goldfishconnection.com, so I don't think the LFS will carry it.

Ok, cool. I'll order it tonight. Should I maybe feed it to her regardless of the outcome?

By the time the meds arrive, we will know for sure whether it needs to be used or not. Sorry for this non-committal answer :/

Glad to hear she's pooping. :)

Disappointed there's no pictures of the poop. :(:rofl

Someone didn't see the video of it ;)

Ok, cool. I'll order it tonight. Should I maybe feed it to her regardless of the outcome?

By the time the meds arrive, we will know for sure whether it needs to be used or not. Sorry for this non-committal answer :/

Oh no problem whatsoever, I think you answered as much as possible. It's appreciated.

Red is good :) Just trying to get a good picture of her overall condition.

Of course. I'll double check when i get home, I know the importance of it so I always try to make note of it. Just hard to tell since the red doesn't stand out too much against the orange. Bernie looks like a black watermelon swimming around sometimes haha, he is like neon red.

Alrighty, so update. Gills appear blood red and normal. She has a little tip of a poop starting to come out, but the protrusion has not gone done at all, and may be worse. It's weird, it's really lightly colored like fresh body mass, if she was normal I'd just think she's growing. Not sure what it is really. Just praying I can solve this before she gets worse.

Her condition seems relatively the same, she can get up when she wants to but really doesn't have much energy. Still seems a bit weighted down as well.

Oh, the protrusion seems more prominent on her right than her left.

Ok, so I'm really thinking here. She seems to be leaning towards the right, and the protrusion is noticeable. I tried to get good pictures of it. It's still not inflamed or anything, just protruding. What the hell could this be? I really don't think it's constipation anymore since she seems completely cleared out. The protrusion almost seems squared off, it's really irregular.

HPIM2848.jpg

HPIM2847.jpg

HPIM2846.jpgHPIM2845.jpg

HPIM2844.jpg

Okay.

I am just thinking what else it could be. I can just come up with eggs and parasites. Let me try and reach a member who are good experience with this.

brb

I am starting to lean more and more towards a parasite infection. If the fish is passing poop and its not getting any better it really has me thinking parasite.

I'm not quick to dismiss the parasites. Would they cause a protrusion like I pictured? I really don't understand what's causing that at all.

I ordered the Metro-Meds jump start quick, is there anything I can do right now my LCS would have in stock to help her out until they arrive? I hate leaving her like this.

A member should stop by and she has lots of experience with parasites.

Patti what would you suggest if it is parasites? Jungle AP? Apparently is has now become hard for you guys to find it?

I mean I'm just wondering what the next step I should take is. I want to feed her, it's been a day of fasting, she's pooped a bunch, and yet this lump persists. Do you all agree there's a physical abnormality? I'm just wondering if it's time to give up on the constipation hypothesis.

Also, honestly, if it is, what's my time constraint? Is it a slow killing, or is it pretty much they hit and you have a really tiny window to deal with them?

Can you rig up a hospital tank for her? Even a 10G Sterilite bin, bare bottom, and pick up an Aquaclear 20 filter. I think treating her in that will be easier. Besides if you do need to feed M&Ms or administer meds...your other fish probably doesn't need them. Or is he showing any signs of being off too?

Well I'm honestly thinking that if it is indeed parasites, he should get treated too. The biggest I have available is a 5 gallon, and honestly I don't have room to set up much more. And he does seem a little off to me, but it could be her concern for her. He's obviously compassionate and hangs around sick fish.

I'm not going to feed her until it makes sense. I just...I don't know what's going on. I can't find anything on this online and it just seems like a complete abnormality. The one thing I found I posted, and it seems that was constipation.

Just out of curiosity, is what I'm talking about evident? Like, can you see the abnormality?