Free Metro-Meds

Acro

Who needs that whole bag? Not me. If you want enough to help your fish, just pay shipping.

Tell me what size the fish are and how many fish are being treated and I will give you enough to complete treatment.

I will ship the metro-meds through priority mail (2 to 3 days) or express mail (next day), your choice.

Also, if you see someone posting in the "Emergency (911 or 999)" or "Diagnosis & Discussion" sections who may need some, please tell them about this post.

Just message or email me to get your free Metro-Meds!

:D

• Supporter

I was thinking along the same lines. There is no way that I'm going to use all of the metro meds or medi gold or jump start that I bought, before they go bad. Would like to be able to help out if I can. Sorry Arco, didn't mean to steal your thunder or any thing.

This actually is a great idea for a topic! This might be much faster than ordering them at GFC, especially when the person in need does only live a state over or are unable to buy them until they get paid next etc.

Just like Alex was so kind and sent me the leftover contents of his MM bag so I could start treating Wakka's dropsy :)

Maybe this topic should be pinned and people can keep offering their meds?

This is a great idea! I have an unopened bag of MetroMeds and JumpStart - I'd hate for them to go bad and hope I don't need them! Would love to help someone else out!!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

I've already given some away, I know it's mentioned somewhere on the forums.

But yeah, I look at the bag every day and all my fish are healthy so I shouldn't be needing it.

I don't like throwing food away, so I would like to help out some other fish.

Also, I can get it out quicker than GC can and I know how it feels when you need meds NOW!

So yeah, anyone is welcome and thanks for the replies.

Also, Mr.B, there's no way you could steal your thunder. :P

Great idea guys! Can we add one thing to this post, though?

Please include the DATES of both when it was bought and when the bag was opened.

Remember we only have about 6-9mos before the food spoils on unopened bags, and about 3mos on opened ones.

I figure:

1) People won't offer outdated food. (So, incase you were going to offer out dated food, don't!) :)

2) Whoever is requesting the free medicated food plans to use it right away. (It kinda defeats the point of giving it way free if they are going to hoard it.)

Last of all, food can last longer if it's vaccume sealed and/or frozen.

I am surprised there have not been any takers (from any of us) yet. Then again, it's wonderful since people have healthy fishies!

• Supporter

reading the updates on this.. just remember guys, as RG said also, re expired food. my thoughts on this is opened bag supply to be sent first. ie, charms, there's a good chance your unopened supply will last longer than the open supply other members have to offer, so it's best your supply is kept till last offering..

• Supporter

Just for reference, the metro meds were opened on Dec the medi-gold was opened around the 23rd and the jump start was opened the 5th of Jan. All have been in the freezer, unopened since.

My metromeds are still (thankfully) unopened. So whenever the 'open bag' supply is exhausted please let me know! I usually check Koko's a few times everyday so can respond quick. I can't help people with advice as I am still such a newbie, so the least I can do is ship some food out to someone in need!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I am out of MMs. Thanks for taking them everyone! I've heard back from almost everyone who got some and their fish are all happy and healthy now!

May I suggest this topic be unpinned? I think it is more useful if a person makes their own post and updates it. That way, we know who still has unexpired food and who is still offering. A massive post will just get cluttered and become confusing.

Good luck all and thanks again!