Long awaited 75 gallon tank!

I've been window shopping for tanks for months and finally scratched enough coinage to get my fancies & shubunkins the larger tank they deserved.

before.jpg

officialcatinspection.jpg

prime.jpg

tankfront.jpg

Ta DA!!!

NewTank.jpg

The kids were split between two 10 gallon tanks. Now they have 75 gallons and are totally loving it.

They're learning to swim and play and sleep in such an open space, they even just dug up a plant. Fun times!

So far the little stumpy fancy, Uriel aka Admiral Akbar, has learned how to swim in such a tough current but spent the first night blown in a corner. S/he's now coming along swimingly. (bad pun intended).

I don't know why s/he's so crazy looking but s/he's a riot to watch.

Uriel-1.jpg

thegimps.jpg

urielxanderzooeygoldieloxgoldiehawnxanaduvalcore.jpg

Everyone finally in one frame!

AlltheKiddos.jpg

And my own spin on a meme:

trolololo.jpg

I'll be getting new tubing for the old pumps soon and I'll replant and add more plants when I get the chance. And some airstones. And maybe some LED's er somethen'. And a background but I'll probably just make something come warmer weather with foam & concrete. At least the kids have more water and are way happier.

Those foam and concret go inside the tank? If so I don't think I would do that. Your still a tad over stocked and they need as much water as possible.

Looks great.

• Supporter

Wow. You did a fantastic job on the stand and I dig the art and christmas lights behind the tank too. The way the light reflects off of the fishs' eyes and the way they are begging makes them look like zombies. "Brainssssssssssssss" "OK.......anythinggggggggggg"

Wow. You did a fantastic job on the stand and I dig the art and christmas lights behind the tank too. The way the light reflects off of the fishs' eyes and the way they are begging makes them look like zombies. "Brainssssssssssssss" "OK.......anythinggggggggggg"

:rofl

Those foam and concret go inside the tank? If so I don't think I would do that. Your still a tad over stocked and they need as much water as possible.

Looks great.

I have to agree here though. Not to sound like a buzzkill, but you actually are still very overstocked with 4 single tails and 5 fancies in that tank (who technically need a 130 gallon tank total - 20 for each single tail, 10 for each fancy) and I would stay away from adding things that replace water volume. :)

Now don't forget, I am basically right there with you when it comes to the stocking level. My 55 currently houses 3 single tails and 3 fancies. I have a 20g with four juvenile single tails growing up. But I have mine bare bottom, only one half covered with a 1/4" layer of sand, "heavily planted" (I have the roots of a giant pothos in the tanks to reduce nitrates), 15x filtration and am performing 85% water changes twice weekly minmum.. :) My telescopes are the only ones that get their proper 10 gallons per fish.

Although this works out well, and I literally got years of experience with keeping goldfish happy and healthy in overstocked conditions, I would not recommend others to do this. It is a lot of work and you can not slack off with the maintenance.

Even I am looking to upgrade eventually to have a proper sized tank to keep them all in. :)

The point is, for now they seem to be doing fine since they are all little. But you will either have to go with crazy maintenance like I do, or upgrade sooner than later. Or get a 55 gallon tank for the fancies, and keep the four single tails in the 75. That would probably be easier :D

I hope you don't get this post wrong. I am just trying to help :) :alc

Thanks all. About a day after the kids got in the new tank I got a new bubblewand, the last one in town. I'll get another soon when the shops next shipment comes in.

So... something incredible about that bubblewand, the fish decided it was really awesome and laid down some eggs on it!!!!

I hurried up and got the other tank ready and moved the eggs to their own tank. That was very unexpected. They're no longer chasing each other and now just joyfully swimming around in bubbles and having cuddle puddles.

eggsdescription.jpg